10.84 lb Bass at Calero

As promised , here is the pic of the 10.84 lb bass from Calero last week . 6" Robo , T-Rigged , light weight , shallow .
Length = 25.5 , Girth 17
She wanted food in that shallow dirty water !!!
Tight lines ,
1Old man
oh dude!!! you rock... right on...
That was back in "Cherry Cove" it looks like...
Nice Fish!! Congrats!!

Mike
[8|] Wow, congratulations!! I've been checking back regularly since your post. Thanks for sharing the picture. It might be a GREAT spring everywhere with all this water. lol
Sweet fish, looks like this year is going to be a good one.... Great job on the fish, now go buy yourself a scale so you can assure yourself of weight..posting.php?mode=reply&f=34&t=3176#
Not sure if that's the name of the cove , it's the biggest cove in the back left of the lake somewhat opposite of the main dam. I landed a 11.4 out of the same cove in August.
Other than those two big one's , I have never had a bass that size in that part of the lake. For this recent fish , I think she wanted the warmest water she could find to develop her eggs faster at the same time trying to find food. The water in that cove was the warmest I found, consistently 55-57 at the end of day .
I hope everybody reading this encourages all the anglers they see to practice catch and
release ----- never know ---- you might talk someone into releasing your next 10Lber....
Good luck,
see ya on the water.
1Oldman
Actually back where you were was where the creek thats flows in as well..
fresh water is also a plus.... that will bring them in as well
Nice fish regardless
wow. That's definitely a nice fish. Looks like Calero is getting better and better now. Anyone know if they are still pumping the wateR? Is the water getting better clarity?
that is sweet!!!
Great fish man. A very beautiful Calero ten plus.
WOW! [8|] good job!
I may have to check Calero out in a few weeks. I just got a Seyvlor 12' Fishhunter inflatable boat I've been itching to try out.
SWEEEETTTTTTT
No Nrg wrote:
I may have to check Calero out in a few weeks. I just got a Seyvlor 12' Fishhunter inflatable boat I've been itching to try out.

My friend and I were stuck in Anderson for 5 hours on a Fish Hunter inflatable trying to row against the wind in order to make it back to the dock. You'll have a trolling motor I assume?

It was a fun and miserable experience.
Ender wrote:
No Nrg wrote:

My friend and I were stuck in Anderson for 5 hours on a Fish Hunter inflatable trying to row against the wind in order to make it back to the dock. You'll have a trolling motor I assume?

It was a fun and miserable experience.

I can only imagine. You guys must have been beat after that trip. I don't have a trolling motor yet so I would be rowing for now. I'll keep within 20 minutes from the dock to avoid that situation. I do have my eyes on a 30lb thrust Minn Kota though. If anyone has a used one in good shape hit me up, I may be interested.

Other than the rowing how did you like the boat? I've yet to get it on the water, but it seems pretty durable. Did you find it stable enough and was it comfortable enough to fish all day?
Nice fish ........ can't wait to start fishin again to much going on right now but soon we will start up ..... Jr. and Gene are heading out to calero today for a few hours on Genes boat
A fine catch there 1oldman. Best of luck to you this season.
yes I had not seen this post! Very nice hog Sir 8-)