10lb+ Calero Report 3-11

Fish today from 8am to 1pm. Started really slow. I was feeling disappointed because my favorite spot is not producing any fish. Maybe the cold night we had affect the fishing. Basically I didn't catch anything til like 10 something. I got lazy with all the reaction bait I was throwing in the morning, so I switched to drop shot. I never believe drop shot will catch me a bass over 10lb until today. At the beginning I was just feeling small tap tap, I set the hook, then my drag was running out CRAZY!!!! }:( It was a really good fight, that bass jumped twice, and I was really scared because of the light tackle that I was using. I played it really slow, and that bass barely fit in my net. I weighted the fish 10lb 12oz. I met Jim Jr, and his scale was showing 10lb 6oz. Clearly its over 10LB!!!! lol Thanks to Jim he took some nice pictures for me! I lost one small fish after that. Basically it was a slow fishing day but that 10lb+ just made my day. :D

BTW, fish was released perfectly fine to where I caught it. I hope she will produce more double digit in Calero. Good Luck!
I've taught you well Tim.... Keep it up, I will call you on sunday with my DD report from the Delta. Nice guppie you got there.
You Taught me Well? Just want to let you know its good to live within your imagination! As buddy of yours, I will agree just to make you happy! (8-| }:(
WOOOOOO WEEEEEE! That's a biggin yup yup that's a biggin.
niiiiiiiiiice!!!!! ;)
Awesome catch! Most people will fish their whole lives and never catch a fish that size. Congrats again, your blood must have really been pumping when that beast breeched the water.
one day i will get me a DD , man nice fish , you will remeber her forever
one day i will get me a DD , man nice fish , you will remeber her forever
Nice one! I'm going to try and head out there tomorrow if the weather holds.
That's a beauty congratulations!! Good to hear that Jr. is back on the water. lol
Great fish!!! I was out there too, allot of boats for a Thursday.. It was terribly slow yesterday, I got my first SKUNK in about a year and I go 1 or 2 times a week.. Talked to the inspector on the way out and he said no one was caching anything except someone got a 10lbr, must have been you. Never under estimate the dropshot, I got 10.1 and a 9.3 on dropshot last year..

Sweet catch, might be a good year to come!!

Set'Em Good
That's Awsome! Congratulations!
I heard about this whopper through two people before I even on got here .... Dude you rock!!
Sweet catch!!
Congrats!!
Nice catch and nice pics. Thumbs up on the C&R.
Thanks all! It was definitely a awesome fight with Medium Spinning Tackle. I just hope she can produce more double digit genes in her eggs, so there will be more nice fish in Calero. Catch & Release is the first step we all can do to improve the fishing quality. Good Luck All
NICE BASS
Congrats man, great post!
ITS ALWAYS NICE TO SEE A FELLOW ANGLER LAND A MONSTER BASS, BUT IT FEELS EVEN BETTER WHEN ITS YOU THAT LANDS THE BIG ONE. GREAT CATCH
Ya got a good camera guy!!!...wink wink...lol that was a good fish man congrats....

Jr