12/02 Report

got out there at about noon with me an a buddy in our kboats. cold. windy. not sunny. almost rain. did you guys know there was an island in the damn lake. yea me neither. anyways the deepest part right now is only 28ft. so we got 2 fish a piece off the island. all about 3lbs. jig an pig, deep pointer lucky crap, senko. an we each got one off the rock pile across from the island. his on a senko mine on the lucky crap. dead stickin. saw some guy on the bank get a fish on a rattle trap?!?! what the hell is that. the water is like 10 degrees an this guy is burnin a trap, interesting. so yea. it was almost not worth parkin the truck a mile away an ridin the bicycle back but i caught a few so it wasn't so bad.
Love that little reservoir but the water is so low! Hopefully this weather system will bring some rain to start raising the levels of our reservoirs. Good job stickin some fish. That island can be really good when the water is higher.
yea i was just thinkin about how i could drag a carolina rig across that in the summer. or drop shop it. it was pretty swell lookin
Nice report AA! You made me want to go out there this morning for a little bit before the weather since I live right down the street from the place.

Went out there for about an 1 1/2hrs and caught 3 nice fish to 3lbs on a black & blue jig.

I didn't know about the island either and I've been fishing here for years!

Good to know though!!!
yea i saw that island an i popped a chubby ;) jk but yea it excited me a bit. i love seein stuff like that, that i had no previous clue about. GB were you walkin the bank or on a kboat
Quote:
yea i saw that island an i popped a chubby ;) jk but yea it excited me a bit. i love seein stuff like that, that i had no previous clue about. GB were you walkin the bank or on a kboat
I was just walking the bank. There is no way I'm trying to walk my toon down that bank. Then walk all the way back to Hicks. I just have my girlfriend drop me off for a couple of hours then pick me up.

Nice huh!!!
that works i spose. you see all the footprints out to the creek? yea that was me an my buddy we had the great idea to see who could get closer. haha idiots right?
Quote:
Quote:
yea i saw that island an i popped a chubby ;) jk but yea it excited me a bit. i love seein stuff like that, that i had no previous clue about. Â GB were you walkin the bank or on a kboat
I was just walking the bank. There is no way I'm trying to walk my toon down that bank. Then walk all the way back to Hicks. I just have my girlfriend drop me off for a couple of hours then pick me up.

Nice huh!!!

HAHA, ask jim jr about dragging our toons up & down that bank. It's a lot better getting in than going out. We actually parked just passed the dam that day & the ranger let us slide, lucky for us he must have been in a good mood.
loading the toons there is a biiiiiaaaaatttch!!!!! but was well worth the effort right KEV.....!! ;) ;)

Cant wait till it fills up then take the boat out there....that place is awsome least from my experiance!!!
Quote:
loading the toons there is a biiiiiaaaaatttch!!!!! but was well worth the effort right KEV.....!! ;) ;)

Cant wait till it fills up then take the boat out there....that place is awsome least from my experiance!!!
I would have loved to have seen you trying to drag your toon up that bank. Especially, after working with some unstable herbs!!!
Quote:
Quote:
loading the toons there is a biiiiiaaaaatttch!!!!! but was well worth the effort right KEV.....!! ;) ;) Â

I would have loved to have seen you trying to drag your toon up that bank. Especially, after working with some unstable herbs!!!

hahahah u know it!!!! ;) ;D