12/15

Took the walk down the trail and started with my jerkbait first thing in the morning, hit the rocky points for about an hour, was fishin a really slow stop and pause retrieve, and finally after a long pause BAM fish on! A little 2 pounder but it was the most action I've gotten in a couple months. Took a pic and let him go. Now I got my confidence boost and I'm pumped, I know I'm gonna get at least one more on my jerkbait. Very next cast, my ONLY jerkbait gets snagged on something and I break my line. So that little 2 pounder cost me $15. The sun came out and I tied on a jig and start pickin apart the coves. I walked down as far as the spillway and found a cove with some rocks along the edge. Made a cast toward the rocks and started hoppin my jig back. I was really focusing cause the f%^$in water skiers started coming out. I remember thinkin,"ok the water is cold and the bite is probably just gonna be a little tick, not a strong thump." Not a moment after I thought that....'tick' FISH ON! This time a nice healthy 3.5 pounder, took a couple pics and let her go. Best 4 hours on the water in a while.
Man I can't believe that there are still jet skiers out there. Nice fish sucks you lost a 15$ jerkbait.
Nice post Bank_Walker, its nice to see someone out there casting it up despite the cold temps!!!!!!!!
bank walker nice fish went to calero to bank it last week and me and a buddy caught 3 fish nothing big but nice to get bit :)we walked all the way around the big dam area found some fish on the deep dropoffs near the dam we caught them on shakey head roboworms and jigs nice fish if i didnt have this dam flu bug i would be out there again >:(happy holidays to all on the sjb site len :)
If you went out last Saturday, I think I saw you guys. I had on a bright orange Giants beanie. I know I saw a couple guys fishing one of the coves closer to the picnic area while I was on the point across from it, then they took off up the trail.