12/8

First time on the lake, first one on the lake. Started walking to the left of the boat dock, throwing a Pointer, with the clouds in the sky, I thought there might be a reaction bite but got nada. When the wind picked up, switched to a spinnerbait, slow rolled it on the bottom for no bites. Walked back across and fished to the right of the boat dock with the Pointer again. When the sun started to break through, switched to a black/blue jig, fished it so slow it took me 5 minutes to bring back into shore. Walked a good ways pass the spillway and back, not even a bite. It was hard to find deeper water but I focused mainly on the rocky points, whenever I was standing on rock, I was casting. Hope this lake fills up this winter, cant wait to go back when theres more water, this lake looks very promising. It was good to get out and try some new water.
Quote:
First time on the lake, first one on the lake. Started walking to the left of the boat dock, throwing a Pointer, with the clouds in the sky, I thought there might be a reaction bite but got nada. When the wind picked up, switched to a spinnerbait, slow rolled it on the bottom for no bites. Walked back across and fished to the right of the boat dock with the Pointer again. When the sun started to break through, switched to a black/blue jig, fished it so slow it took me 5 minutes to bring back into shore. Walked a good ways pass the spillway and back, not even a bite. It was hard to find deeper water but I focused mainly on the rocky points, whenever I was standing on rock, I was casting. Hope this lake fills up this winter, cant wait to go back when theres more water, this lake looks very promising. It was good to get out and try some new water.

Your 1st post and welcome to SJB :)
Quote:
This is a great lake. Don't give up on it. It can be tough this time of year. Especially, fishing from shore. As the fish will be suspended a lot or on deeper points with the cooling temps.

Just wait until Spring!!!
yeah like every1 says wait till spring it will be off the hook...This place yeilds biggies!!!!!