1st Crappies of 2015! They were HUGE!

The Bass were biting too! Get out there! It's time!
Nice jcab is that calero or anderson
Looks like Anderson.
Nice fish. Looks like Ando to me.
Nice slabs!!! One of these day's gotta do a
Crappie day at ando!!! Like to fry one up
Never had me heard there awesome!!!

Jr
Nice fish. You using minnows, tubes, crankbaits?
Been wanting to take my son to hook into some crappie. Hooked into some at McAlpine Lake a couple months back and he had a blast. Gonna go throw some minnows see how it's going before I take him.
Didn't find any crappie but bass bite confirmed!
Can we eat the crappies from Anderson? Never had crappie before. Are they as sacred as the bass where you're frowned upon for wanting to eat them?
hybrid90 wrote:
Can we eat the crappies from Anderson? Never had crappie before. Are they as sacred as the bass where you're frowned upon for wanting to eat them?

From my understanding it's widely accepted to keep and eat crappie. But if they are safe, im not sure. If you have a few here and there im pretty sure you'll be fine, but no expert. Thanks for asking, looking to see what anyone else has to say.
those are huge crappie , Anderson seems to be peaking in crappie numbers and size .
My son walked the bank at Ando yesterday and caught a 2 1/2 lb crappie on an S-waver !
as for eating them , I wouldn't , but I have in the past and they are decent table fare .
As for being safe ---? Who really knows for sure . I do know a ton about immune related issues due to the need to solve my own personal health problems starting about 5 years ago in my late 40's .
I have researched health solutions over the past 4 + years and it can be a little scary.
The real issue for everybody reading this is the problem of built up toxins over long periods of time within various parts of the body (kidneys, liver ,gall bladder , intestines etc...) . The more unhealthy crap you put in your body , the more likely you will see a decline in your immune system and eventually your health . I have been thru it and it's very difficult to reverse . Especially with heavy metals like mercury , which is often found in our local waters/fish.
If anybody wants more details on health stuff ---PM me , be glad to share ideas. I feel better in my fifties than I did in my thirties .
tight lines ,
Robb
I agree with 1 Old man and suggest in throwing them back. Studies from 2009 shows there is a high concentration of mercury and I expect it has increased since then. Might as well be safe than sorry.

SAFE EATING GUIDELINES FOR FISH FROM ANDERSON RESERVOIR (SANTA CLARA COUNTY)
[03/18/09] BASED ON MERCURY OR PCBS

http://oehha.ca.gov/fish/so_cal/anderson.html