2/10 - First bass of the new year

Well today was finally the day. After a January of losing lures (you name it, I lost it. Even lost a custom HBC Huddleston (yeah that hurt the most)), I finally caught a bass for 2012. Just felt like today was the day, everything clicked.

So after about 45 minutes of nothing on my custom painted crankbait, I made a cast to close to a bush and bye bye crank. I told myself to keep cool and stay focused. So I tied on a spinnerbait that I customized (it passes the time to tweak things) and on my third cast, I get a vicious bite. Literally crushed the bait I was burning right below the surface and came clear out of the water.

Put up a great fight, totally worth falling in to land it! [green] Busted out my new portable phone tripod (still getting used to it, hence the "smile") and then released her. Weighed in at 2lbs.

PS - fishing some local Perc ponds, leave it up to y'all to guess where [8:)

- Jeff
nice..was it in niles??or campbell or san jose?
Im probably gonna go to calero tommarow, or the ponds.Hopefilly i can get my first bass of 2012! :) Look out for a report if i go, Btw nice bass.
Nice for those perc ponds.. Are they almost done with the construction?
Right on guys, thanks.

Yup all done, the last time I was here was November and it was taking place so I'm not sure when it finished.
Nice fish congrats , hell i aint even got my license yet [8|]
LMAO! Well you better on that man, prespawn is here!
BassWanted016 wrote:
LMAO! Well you better on that man, prespawn is here!

For real dude im little slow for sure , the job the wife the job the wife well you get the drift I NEED TO GO FISHING !!!!!
I feel ya man, 2 jobs and full time student myself...just gotta MAKE time }:(
Quality fish! I've been waiting for my first bass of the early spring/late winter season. Maybe I'll check out the perc ponds this weekend.
BassWanted016 wrote:
I feel ya man, 2 jobs and full time student myself...just gotta MAKE time }:(

Agree 100% :D
I went out to coleman ponds today and didnt catch any thing. ;( I talked to this one guy, he didnt catch any thing either. I threw all soft plastics: Senkos, shakey heads, tube jig, flipping craw. Oh well (8-| maybe next time i can go to Calero.