2/16: Rockfishing At Fort Baker Jetty With Lures

Me, my sister, and my friends went fishing today at Fort Baker Jetty. We got there around 7:30PM and fished until almost midnight. 2nd cast in the water and I hook up in less than a minute. It was a fiesty black rock cod. Unfortunately, my sister was having a lot of problems because she's a rookie and my other friend AJ fished once in his life as a kid and had never caught a fish before; tonight was his second time fishing ever. So I had my hands full helping the noobies out, so I didn't get to fish much myself. My friend Kevin on the other hand, was able to fish a lot more, so he caught the most fish tonight, which was probably something around 20 or more. AJ caught his first fish tonight and caught 2 more for a total of 3. It was nice to put a beginner on some fish. My sister unfortunately was unable to catch anything. I only caught three because I didn't get to fish much. It was great night and I hope got those newcomers addicted to fishing. Everyone had a blast. It was great trip with my friends and family. We kept the bigger ones that were 12 inches and up to be fried up. We used various types of soft plastic lures. The one that produced the most was the 4 inch mister twister curly tail grub on a 1/4oz jighead. I caught mines on a 4 inch zoom swimming flukes texas rigged on a 3/16oz bullet weight. Slowly retrieving the lure was critical.

Wow! Way cool... Looks like a fun night. Would love to learn how to fish for those guys...
uhm....isnt rockfishing close? if so, thats a hefty fine......
Striperbay408 wrote:

It's open year round from shore I believe.
you learn somthing new everyday...
houla wrote:
Striperbay408 wrote:

Yep, you are correct. It is open to shore anglers and divers year round.
IBangBangU wrote:
houla wrote:
Striperbay408 wrote:

Yep, you are correct. It is open to shore anglers and divers year round.

Better double check the diver part.
Winddog wrote:

Darn it Steve...making me doubt myself! Here you go for your non diving peace of mind... [green]

"The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes sp.) is open year-round to divers and shore-based anglers."
IBangBangU wrote:
Winddog wrote:

Darn it Steve...making me doubt myself! Here you go for your non diving piece of mind... [green]

"The recreational fishery for rockfish (Sebastes sp.) is open year-round to divers and shore-based anglers."

Although he may hate to admit it(he calls them rubbermen) I know Steve has some diving experience. He just doesn't know the regs lol
houla wrote:
IBangBangU wrote:
Winddog wrote:

Darn it Steve...making me doubt myself! Here you go for your non diving piece of mind... [green]

Although he may hate to admit it(he calls them rubbermen) I know Steve has some diving experience. He just doesn't know the regs lol

Houla, it's rubberpeople, I don't discriminate based on sex. [green]

On the diving, you guy's got me, sorry [red]

LOL that makes alot of sense, close it to boat based anglers but leave it open to divers? Guess I'll dust off the scuba gear & sharpen up the Hawaiian sling [green]
After I read up on the regs that is. [red]
Winddog wrote:

Houla, it's rubberpeople, I don't discriminate based on sex. [green]

On the diving, you guy's got me, sorry [red]

LOL that makes alot of sense, close it to boat based anglers but leave it open to divers? Guess I'll dust off the scuba gear & sharpen up the Hawaiian sling [green]
After I read up on the regs that is. [red]

Haha...rubberpeople. Only thing is that divers are only allowed to have a spear, sling, or whatever they plan on using to catch fish while diving. Can't have a single rod/reel on the vessel from what other divers have told me even if it is not being used.