21 lurkers 7 registered users

Lurkers Lurkers Everywhere [8|]
Yea, One day I was on right before the bite was suppose to heat up.. there was like 50+ lurkers.
Fer sure
what is a lurker?
Basically Non-registered users...
Pretty lame if you ask me. Bumped into some bucket bass fisherman at a local pond and was totally turned off. Not saying the lurkers are but I am sure they are out there.

I'll be sure to throw some curve balls if I decide to post in the future. Good thing I'll be traveling with my rod these few months so I won't need to distort the background of my photos.

Anyway, I appreciate all the support this board has provided me and best of luck to all!

TL,
ST
Everyone knows this is happening with this forum. You guys should stop ranting about it on every post because realistically, the only person that can make changes is the site's admin which would be Marce. You guys need to hit him up and if he doesn't want to make changes, then well, this site will be for lurkers.

Don't get me wrong, I think this website needs to have a member's only report section that requires you to have a minimum number of posts (ex: 10 posts) before you are able to view the member's report section.
It's actually not too complicated. Don't post pictures of spots or give these detailed reports as to where, when, what, how, etc. Most picture posters or glorified fishing reporters seem to need or want a pat on the back.

Just STFU and go fishing.
almadenbassmaster wrote:
Lurkers Lurkers Everywhere [8|]

Yes! yes! yes! [8:)
5/0toyourface wrote:
It's actually not too complicated. Don't post pictures of spots or give these detailed reports as to where, when, what, how, etc. Most picture posters or glorified fishing reporters seem to need or want a pat on the back.

What a stupid statement. Is a fishing forum, thats what its made for. Ive met cool people from this forum that i actually go fishing with and none of them want a pat on the back. Quite hating on people sharing fishing related pictures on a fishing forum. Thats why people quite using this forum seriously. Get over yourself and thinking fishing pics are here to get your applause. (8-|
Jtmoney wrote:
5/0toyourface wrote:

What a stupid statement. Is a fishing forum, thats what its made for. Ive met cool people from this forum that i actually go fishing with and none of them want a pat on the back. Quite hating on people sharing fishing related pictures on a fishing forum. Thats why people quite using this forum seriously. Get over yourself and thinking fishing pics are here to get your applause. (8-|

+1
"What a stupid statement. Is a fishing forum, thats what its made for. Ive met cool people from this forum that i actually go fishing with and none of them want a pat on the back. Quite hating on people sharing fishing related pictures on a fishing forum. Thats why people quite using this forum seriously. Get over yourself and thinking fishing pics are here to get your applause."

Relax bud. You can still use this site to make friends.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a grip of people "editing" out backgrounds on pictures with fish. Is that supposed to be an educational flick or something? Doubt it. Pretty sure they're for "bragging rights," or also known as a "pat on the back." Why do you think they edit out the background? Because they don't want others to see exactly where it's at.

BTW, I AM over myself. And I was also bass fishing before this website ever existed. I've seen the direct effect in terms of pressure and spot poaching from posts with pictures and tutorials for people who don't wanna figure shi7 out on their own.

Also, it's QUIT, not QUITE.
Same thing every year... We all know it is "on freaking fire" out there but you will not see me telling everyone were and how... Leason learned..

Set'Em Good
WOW , bass fisherman hating each other on a website! Crazy.
I have posted pictures here and how I catch em , especially big ones , and now I never do . WHY ?
Because to many people show up with the same lures at the same spots/lakes and my bite mysteriously turns off .
I am in agreement with Set em Good , lesson learned . I guess that's why he will never admit to catching big ones at little C on cranks in the middle of winter ?!

As for posting pictures , who cares . Bragging rights , pride , pat on the back ? whatever .
If your posting pictures of 12" bass , it's probably because your a "newbie' to bass fishing and the success your having is great . Keep it up , its always fun to catch anything.
If your an old timer and your posting pic's of 12" bass , probably better to wait until it's a DD.
Instead of hating each other over BS , time would be better spent suprting a cause , club or your local lake . Get involved and support your "sport" .
Oh , by the way , I caught 17 the other day at at Anderson at night from a float tube using live C-Dads . One was 6 and one was a little over 4 ??? WTF???
Robb
Wow this is a Great-site been on here for years and love to post pictures etc. but now I am having second thoughts...good thing I have all my SJBers friends cell #'s I just send them pictures... Pat on the back naw .... but is nice to write and show some pictures...and I noticed the one that was complaining the most has the least post....I like it here and if you don't go to some other forum...maybe lurkers are just some of us oldtimers just not wanting to log in ....any way said my piece.... [8:)
I've only been on the site and bass fishing for a year and I do like and appreciate the pictures of all the fish. Most of us here that are shore fisherman probably fish a lot of the same spots/cover the same water at the local lakes/reservoirs, it's not like these places are huge bodies of water with miles of accessible shoreline by foot. Most people are working the same mile or two of water whether or not a location is given.

If you want to keep some stuff a secret, maybe not divulge the depth and presentation? Or maybe fib a little about those 8-)
blckshirt98 wrote:

If you want to keep some stuff a secret, maybe not divulge the depth and presentation? Or maybe fib a little about those 8-)

I'm sorry, but that's bad advice. Why lie about any information? Might as well not post if thats the way its going to be.

Honestly, I know some people have said it one way or another, and it is really that simple. Either keep posting pictures and detailed information in a place where you know has tons of lurkers or just don't post any reports at all. I agree with Set'em good and 1Oldman. They, along with many other SJB folks used to post quite detailed posts, but no longer do because of how things turn out in the long run and I respect them for that.

Lurkers and bucket fishermen are everywhere and they will continue to be out there fishing with or without everyone's reports. These conversations start up every year and usually have no resolution. None of these places are a secret anymore, and just because you caught fish in a spot one day using a specific lure does not mean that will be the case another day. I'm a strong believer of this because I've tried. lol lol So lets just continue to keep this a place where people can come and learn something.