3/14 Pond Fishing

Caught 9 in 3 hours but all were about the size of the one in the picture. No fish on beds or looking for them yet except for one male ~2lbs. All fish on drop shot. No bites on reaction baits.
what pond?
Yea....what pond is that???

(8-|
It's a small one that doesn't need to get blown up. I'll PM you.
All good brother, I was only mocking the previous post who seems to ask every single person exactly where they're fishing. Keep it to yourself, no need to blow it up like you said. I've fished every local waterway within 100 miles that's not private over the last 10 years, and I've seen first-hand what "reports" do to the ponds and lakes. It's kinda sad to be hoenst. Jut the other day I watched some dudes catch a few and let the bass flop on the dirt while they laughed and high-fived at the spot that used to be quiet. ;(
Good to see a few people learning the ways of keeping things quiet. Not to be a dick or selfish, but to respect abfishery and a bite.
Whats wrong with posting a location on here with other members?
norcalfisherman925 wrote:
Whats wrong with posting a location on here with other members?

There's a lot of non-posting lurkers that read these forums just to see where the fish are biting. Post up a location/spot where you had a good day of fishing, go back the next week and not only will the fish be gone, but there will be trash everywhere.
posting where you fish is like telling people whats under the hood of your car before a race :) you only tell friends.. i say were all friends here so PM each other. and like some one said there's a lot of people who just come on here to see whats going on. but on a bright side the pond fishing is on!!! 2 more weeks and my local creek in open to fish and iv seen some 3 4lbs fishing around!! but watch out the POISON OAK is back too!!
Ok... I though that only members can see these. I guess not. I see where your coming from. And yea, the bite is turning on just about everywhere. Next time i go ill post pics
Couple of comments:

- Just to be fair, Norcalfisherman's been pretty generous with info with me in the past so no problem sharing back.

- Good point 6/0 about trash too. In the couple of openings on that pond there were Doritos bags and empty bait containers everywhere. Really disgusts me. I'm not some hippy conservationist or anything [green] but I'm gonna bring a trash bag next time. Encourage other pond/bank anglers to do the same. Perhaps by example others will be more respectful of these fishing holes.
Instead of posting up sites find a few regulars here that you know practice catch & release and talk to them via PM, I've found those people here are fair with sharing info if you go that route.
This spot can get blown up real fast, especially since it is really small with only maybe 4-6 small breaks in the reeds to cast out
oshjosh wrote:
posting where you fish is like telling people whats under the hood of your car before a race :) you only tell friends.. i say were all friends here so PM each other. and like some one said there's a lot of people who just come on here to see whats going on. but on a bright side the pond fishing is on!!! 2 more weeks and my local creek in open to fish and iv seen some 3 4lbs fishing around!! but watch out the POISON OAK is back too!!

Had to think on this one and similar previous post. IMO one of the key reasons I post is to share info on the bite. Good to know what's getting bit and even if they're biting. It's why I read this forum. I think it makes most sense to share as much as possible broadly while being mindful of impacting the fishery. I've only been fishing for bass for about 3 years and most of what I've learned has been from sites like this.