3/16 - First Time Ever At Anderson!

Fished from 830am-12noon and got 5 fish between myself and another guy that was fishing just down the shore. Except he got 5 and I got 0. ;( He stopped because he limited out, and he took those 5 home to eat (chatted with him, he knew they had mercury etc etc, but he was a cool dude). He was getting bit pretty often off of nightcrawlers, I was using plastics of various sorts rigged on shakyheads/texas/wacky. A couple of other guys using artificials also said they got skunked.

It was pretty cold and foggy until it burned off at about 1030, water was clear and makes Calero looks like a mud pond.
blckshirt98 wrote:
Fished from 830am-12noon and got 5 fish between myself and another guy that was fishing just down the shore. Except he got 5 and I got 0. ;( He stopped because he limited out, and he took those 5 home to eat (chatted with him, he knew they had mercury etc etc, but he was a cool dude). He was getting bit pretty often off of nightcrawlers, I was using plastics of various sorts rigged on shakyheads/texas/wacky. A couple of other guys using artificials also said they got skunked.

It was pretty cold and foggy until it burned off at about 1030, water was clear and makes Calero looks like a mud pond.

I need to hit up Anderson, Lexington, and Coyote, never been to any of them.. Only ponds, and Calero.
One of my good friends is a ranger for Santa Clara county and any type of live bait (worms, anchovies, hot dogs, minnows, shad, ect.) Is illegal to use at Anderson. Artificial baits only he told me so cuz I told him I used anchovie there to catch a catfish and he gave me the big eye look like "oh no you didn't !" And he said no Its a 250dollar fine. He sited a guy twice in one day.
Dinks were going crazy over my Megabass Vision 95 at Anderson today!
Where about were you at?
BigBearBass408 wrote:
One of my good friends is a ranger for Santa Clara county and any type of live bait (worms, anchovies, hot dogs, minnows, shad, ect.) Is illegal to use at Anderson. Artificial baits only he told me so cuz I told him I used anchovie there to catch a catfish and he gave me the big eye look like "oh no you didn't !" And he said no Its a 250dollar fine. He sited a guy twice in one day.

This is not true at all man. It may or may not be legal to fish live minnows, but it's certainly not illegal to use Anchvies, Worms, liver or any other dead bait. I will make your buddy dig through his rule book for hours if he tries to tell me it's illegal. I already did it to one misguided ranger. I hope he's ready to show me the reg, cause it doesn't exist.
Hotdogs are live bait? [8|] lol.
Tin Can wrote:
BigBearBass408 wrote:

This is not true at all man. It may or may not be legal to fish live minnows, but it's certainly not illegal to use Anchvies, Worms, liver or any other dead bait. I will make your buddy dig through his rule book for hours if he tries to tell me it's illegal. I already did it to one misguided ranger. I hope he's ready to show me the reg, cause it doesn't exist.

I'm with Tin Can on this one, I remember digging through the regs before and couldn't find anything. Either its not in the regs or I just couldn't find it.

I've also been told that the minnows you can purchase from Coyote Bait are legal to use at Anderson. Never confirmed this with a ranger or warden though.
FishStalkerDave wrote:
Hotdogs are live bait? [8|] lol.

You never fished with a live hotdog? You don't know what you're missing! lol
Hahaha ya man hotdogs and you know what I will definitely hit up a warden to show me where in the big book of don't s is the rule as for bait, what is OK and not. But you guys honestly made me laugh out hard.!!!