3/23 - Anderson Insanity

After the nice bite at Anderson yesterday I decided to go back today to try out the new Phenix M1 dropshot rod I got at Coyote's Mega Sale.

Ended up landing 26 fish [8|] all on dropshot. Missed about 20, and 1/3 of those were fish that threw the hook or got off while reeling in. Got twelve from 9-11am, with the first five casts landing five fish. Wasn't planning on staying past noon but couldn't leave when it was this good. 11am-3pm though was tough, landing only three fish, but once 3pm came it blew open again, and from 3-5pm landed another eleven.

Usual Anderson rule applied, quantity over quality, but there were a few decent sized fish that fought hard.

Remember to practice catch and release, these bass are pre-spawn/spawning!

Edit: the Phenix M1 is a badass rod...paired it with a Stradic 3000.

Nice post. I was thinking of going there instead of Coyote. Were you at the dam or the bridge?
Bridge side...I went to the dam last week and got completely skunked, probably never going back to that side again.
AWESOME !! Nice pics look at that water clarity !, thanks for sharing and ongrats on new Rod
Damn and my wife told me I should have tried Ando but she made me want t to hit up some stripers. But glad to see someone had some fun with their new stuff. No better way but to test out your new gear with the multiple fish caught.
Was the wind blowing strong? I wanted to walk beyond by usual area on Friday but it got to a point where I couldn't cast further than 20ft.
It was glass until about 2-3pm ish, then a steady wind picked up for a couple of hours. You can check WindAlert for expected wind conditions at Anderson (I scrolled back to Friday, holy smokes, gusts up to 25mph) -

http://windalert.com/wind/spot/3575
Rather a lunker than 26 dinks :P lol j/k nice (amount of) fish!!!
blckshirt98 wrote:
It was glass until about 2-3pm ish, then a steady wind picked up for a couple of hours. You can check WindAlert for expected wind conditions at Anderson (I scrolled back to Friday, holy smokes, gusts up to 25mph) -

http://windalert.com/wind/spot/3575

Yeah, it was a pity. I knew that lots of fish were holding up at several spots but I just couldn't reach them ;(
Good job bass slayer. Keep up the good work and congrats on your new rod and new go to technique..
Good fishin! I also went on Sat after i went to the sale, but was by the dam and got nuthin from 10am-1pm. Bucket brigade was there tho, some guy had 3 bass on a stringer.. what a shame. But yeah was my first time there didnt know where to go. how do u get to the bridge?
There was an older guy out late that was carrying around a stringer with a limit of bass, lots of bucketeers along the banks of Woodchopper too. The bridge you can get to by taking the E.Dunne exit instead of Cochrane. Go to Google maps and just follow Dunne Ave(stay on the right) and you'll eventually see the bridge as it passes over the east end of Anderson. Just after the bridge to the left you'll see a parking lot with portajohns, that's the Woodchopper picnic area. You can park there or in any of the dirt washouts along Dunne.
I would also see guys carrying fish out and I would scare them by telling them that I would hear people catching fish from Anderson and taking them home to eat and getting really sick from all the high concentrate of mercury haha the look on those f$%kers faces was funny . But I know that still don't stop a lot of them.
Thanks for that Blckshirt. The way this year has gone so far i'd love a day of catchin dinks. Jus tryin to get sumthin on the line! haha still lookin for my first of 2013!