A little pond action

Here's a nice fish I caught yesterday out at the ponds. Below the pic of me is a really nice fish my buddy caught, not sure what it weighed as we didn't have a working scale (damn batteries >:-( ). Any guesses on the weights will be appreciated!

And yes I have a chew in, I don't have that goofy of a smile on my own! [green]

You are putting stress on that fishes jaw that can and often dis hinges it on a side or totally ruins it so it can't feed anymore. I suppose that's not important to you being the other fish laying there in the dirt covered in gravel. If you eat the fish fine. If you plan to release them please treat them better.
No offense intended, but I have NEVER (let me help you find the right word) dislocated a jaw of a bass by lipping them that way and considering I've been bass fishing for close to 15 years I doubt it is something to worry about. The gravel thing I can't speak on since it wasn't me.
Np man. There are several resources verifying what I say about the torque on jaw. I just say what I feel and had about enough of even the pros, guides, etc. not realizing this. In general people treat bass like shoot when the fish are THE reason for us having fun catching them.
I'm sure you are a nice fellow, I just get mad when I think fish are being abused.
I'll send in a new post I'm hoping all will see. It won't be me talking but rather a link to a site that proves what I say based on scientific study and professional fisherman.
Trivial the correction you made on dis hinged. Words have deeper meanings for similar yet same sort of intention for them. That's ok though.
I'll be posting a link for all to see soon.
this tells about handling during video. best i could find for now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou9ri2bm ... dded#at=14
dude he holds a fish like that for a couple seconds its not like its going to break his jaw or anything.. its not like hes gonna throw it around and hit against the ground or anything.. all i ever see you post is always criticizing people about how their holding their fish and stuff about the fish.. i know we wanna conserve the bass as much as we can and we all know that but you dont have to remind everyone constantly.. why cant you just compliment a guy for a nice fish once in a while.. nice fish by the way!!
Thank you nick.
I don't see a problem with Jigster letting people know about that. How else are people supposed to know these things? Of course people can have the attitude of who cares it's just a fish or just one fish but imagine all the other people who do the same thing. I bet you it's a lot.
Also, do you really think you can't break a jaw in a couple seconds? Lol, okay.
All I'm sayin is this: fish aren't as fragile as a lot of people make them out to be. When they spawn they make a nest by beating the hell out of the gravel with their tail and it hasn't seemed to kill those fish so I don't really see that big of an issue with laying it down next to a rod for some perspective. Also, if you caught the biggest bass of your life but were alone, would you not do the same thing?
lol no offense, but who the hell cares!!!! get out there and fish. by the way, nice fish. im gonna have to hit those ponds real soon. look like they are doing well
hogaholic wrote:
lol no offense, but who the hell cares!!!! get out there and fish. by the way, nice fish. im gonna have to hit those ponds real soon. look like they are doing well

let me rephrase that get out there, fish, catch fish, and release for future gneration.
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
hogaholic wrote:

let me rephrase that get out there, fish, catch fish, and release for future gneration.

you took the words right out of my mouth lol
I don't really care that you laid the fish down. I don't see any harm with that. I was just referring to what Jigster said about the jaw.
Hogaholic, obviously you don't. Haha. Thats too bad though.
ya all im trying to say that is in jigsters previuos posts all he talks about is how your supposed to hold and release a fish. i dont mind it but he has just said it so many times it just got annoying.. i dont have anything against him its just he always is telling you how to hold the fish and what not.. he never just compliments a guy for a nice fish
lol too funny
The way the fish is being held isn't going to hurt it. Now if that fish was a double I could see where it could do some damage, but the guy wouldn't hold a double like that. Don't get me wrong I love bassing..but I'm getting tired of all this touchiness about largemouths. I mean a guy could keep a 4-5lbr or hold it "wrong" and a lot of guys will get bent out of shape about it. On the other hand some one could go out and catch a 20-30lb striper and handle it "wrong" or even keep it and most wouldn't even care.
those are fatties man nice!
[?] what pond are you fishing and where?
Eg420 wrote:
[?] what pond are you fishing and where?

A spot that if you are familiar with the area (ie you already know about it) you would recognize from the pics.