Across frm Almaden Lake(pond)

Hey i have been looking at the little pond across the street from almaden lake
Has anyone been there? It looks like a sweet spot , with that totally brush,weed linelines all around and the little island in the middle looks like a bass heaven
i do see it go down occasionally but it always holding water
anyone fish that place....................p.s keep it on the down low :-X :-X ;) ;) ;D ;D
I've caught fish out of that pond and the ones behind it. nothing big though.
there good not gunna say to much cause its kind of a secret spot but my biggest is around 9
Is it a private place?
Went to the ponds across from Almaden Lake today. First time ever I've been stopped by a ranger. I was told they will be patrolling the trail from now on. He also told me that there is to be no fishing in any of the ponds. He told me to read the signs a the gates on Almaden and Meridian. He also ask to see my fishing license. This is a first back in these ponds. Post if any body else gets stopped. >:(
Quote:
Went to the ponds across from Almaden Lake today. First time ever I've been stopped by a ranger. I was told they will be patrolling the trail from now on. He also told me that there is to be no fishing in any of the ponds. He told me to read the signs a the gates on Almaden and Meridian. He also ask to see my fishing license. This is a first back in these ponds. Post if any body else gets stopped. Â >:(

Yup dude this is true. The SCVWD wants the City of San Jose Park Rangers to patrol all of those ponds from Almaden Expressway to Meridian. The ponds have been there for decades & people fish them all the time. They are also wanting to stop all access to there pond at their headquaters on Almaden & Via Monte. Not sure when that will happen though. It's their property and they can do whatever they want. Kinda sucks cuz I like fishin those ponds too.
WOW ALL I see nowa days is us (fishermen) losing all sorts of places to fish this year.......

Boy,this is really starting to peee me off >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(..All I hear is either the state,county,or scvwd closing places for us to fish....

This is getting rediculouse!!!!! Is there anything we can do???!!!!! I mean we pay for our fishing lic,boat launch and parking fee at some places and now they are closeing them...Or worse off closeing them to santa clara residents due to the Quagga,zebra mussels....

Man,WHAT TA DOOO!!!!!!!! :-? :-? :-? :-/ :-/ :-/
I've been to the ponds and noticed they put fences up on all the levee's between the ponds. So now you can only access the trail side of the pond. I didn't see any signs saying we can't fish though.

That really suck's about the SCVWD pond if it's true. That place provides me with my Winter retreat when everything else is dirty.
thats gay its not the fisherman hurting the place i could understand if we were leaven trash and leaving graffete but come on we fish and then leave why do we get punished.... i just think its cause the rangers are to lazy to patrol the ponds so they want them closed
Quote:
thats gay its not the fisherman hurting the place i could understand if we were leaven trash and leaving graffete but come on we fish and then leave why do we get punished.... i just think its cause the rangers are to lazy to patrol the ponds so they want them closed

Like I said before it is SCVWD property and they are the ones who want the ponds as off limits areas. The rangers have nothing to do with it. Some simple complaints to the SCVWD may get you some answers or results that you may be looking for.
hmmmmmm well thats lame i like fishn those ponds great blue gill fishn haha
I've been out there a few times. Hearing about them tightening the access, my first thought was because of trash, but from what I remember it was pretty clean. It probably boils down to liability. With so many people looking to sew someone they probably don't want to chance it.
I'm not too sure why they're doing it. I do know that something went down out there about a month ago. Lot's of police there one day with the whole area taped off. That might have something to do with it.

You're right usually pretty quiet out there and not too much garbage either. It's a shame if we lose access to these local fishing spots!!! :'( :'( :'(