almaden lake 2/22 and 2/24

Been out to almaden couple times this week, first fishing this year due to my broken leg that kept me from walking last 8 wks, but was able to hobble around and find some fish. On friday my bro and I were able to get 3 fish two pics posted first one is me. Caught one today no pic though.The fish nearly came on the shore to hit my bait as i was finishing my retrieve, needless to say he didnt put up much of a fight lol
Nice! I was there Saturday afternoon, no bites.
Main body lake, or one of the other little ponds? What time did thing start happening? Nice fish though, I'll be there tomorrow, I was successful on Sunday, now it's time to get my numbers up! }:( l8
FishStalkerDave wrote:
Main body lake, or one of the other little ponds? What time did thing start happening? Nice fish though, I'll be there tomorrow, I was successful on Sunday, now it's time to get my numbers up! }:( l8

That looks like the actual main lake/park.
Cool, I haven't memorized the area by sight as of yet, but have plans to in the future. I hope the bass enjoy this warm weather, because I KNOW I will enjoy their presence on the other end of my equipment. I have only fished the "Main" lake once prior, then decided to hit up the ponds behind the water works place, caught a turtle, then laughed. And then this last weekend I explored the perc. ponds across Almaden, maybe ill hit the main body up more, and do a 360 walk.
Nice fish! Glad to see someone catching outta Almaden, I was starting to worry after all the times ive been skunked there. Only been able to fish in the morning tho so that might be why, gonna have to make a afternoon trip pretty soon.
hey dave me and a buddy will be out there tomorrow as well, probably after 1. probably the cold temps killing the morning bite, all 4 fish caught were from 3-6pm.
I may have seen you, I was out and about on the lake from 12 to 230ish. Then went to the percs, saw a few bass moving close to shore. No action though, carp were shallow as well for warming up i assume
yea we got there closer to 2 was brutal fished pretty much whole lake and nada. i missed one and bro missed one that was it left around 5. Havent been skunked like that after working that hard in a long time
Ill be out there tomorrow I hope, I get out of class at 1030am, plan to be fishing by 1100am and wont stop till 6pm. I will lland a fish tomorrow. [green]
Ill also be out tomorrow but gonna try the morning bite. Still need my first bass of the year.
any word?
I came up empty yesterday, but I fished from 1-4p.m. and apparently I should wait till after 5 to fish this time of year.. But I saw about 7 bass at the Percs cruise'in shallow.
u talking the ponds behind dennys? if so the small one with the water inlet or the larger one in the back? might be time to switch over to my neko rig roboworm
I was at the Percs on the other side of Almaden.
oh ok the ones off coleman
fishinduramax wrote:
Been out to almaden couple times this week, first fishing this year due to my broken leg that kept me from walking last 8 wks, but was able to hobble around and find some fish. On friday my bro and I were able to get 3 fish two pics posted first one is me. Caught one today no pic though.The fish nearly came on the shore to hit my bait as i was finishing my retrieve, needless to say he didnt put up much of a fight lol

Mind sharing what baits youve been finding effective on this lake? Thanks!