Almaden Lake 4/6

Finally got some fish today! I was about to give up hope since its been a while!

Total of 4 fish averaging between 2 and 5lbs. I got there a bit late around 1130 or so, stayed until 2 pm.

The lake has gone up about 3 feet since last week, and there were visible bass moving around close to shore. 2 were caught with weightless crawlers dragged on the bottom very slow, and the other 2 were on a 4 inch white twin tail.

I did get some pics on my cell phone but they aren't that good. I'll try to attach them anyway.

mike
nice post and nice fish good sh*t man
Nice work.

is this almaden and coleman or is this back up through old amaden?

kevin
Nice fish. Hope to get out in the next couple of days.
kinkers wrote:
Nice work.

is this almaden and coleman or is this back up through old amaden?

kevin

Almaden lake at coleman so pretty close for me. Have you been out to almaden resevoir in old almaden lately???
I'm off of blossom hill so I've hit up those percs behind the retirement home before, but never almaden lake for fishing. last time i went by old almaden the place was looking pretty bad. not sure how it looks now.

there are just so many places to fish around here I cant keep track.
kinkers wrote:
I'm off of blossom hill so I've hit up those percs behind the retirement home before, but never almaden lake for fishing. last time i went by old almaden the place was looking pretty bad. not sure how it looks now.

there are just so many places to fish around here I cant keep track.

I've been meaning to get by almaden resevoir, maybe i should check it out with a cup of coffee this morning. We used to (3-4 years ago) always go to the back part of the lake where hicks road intersects at the lake. Bring out the fly gear and throw poppers into the weeds. Always did really well right there.. i'll come back with report in the next few days about it.