Almaden Lake Bass report 12/12

Great forum - Happy to see a focus on the local stompin' grounds! I've been fishing daily for an hour or two and usually catch at least one. Keep in mind that I'm a local, fish like a madman, and fished here before it was a park, and was a quarry! Awesome little fishery for a quick bassin' fix, especially since I live down the street.

Current pattern has been working jigs slow and occasionally getting bit on DD crank baits in a craw pattern on the rocks. Here's a better quality fish caught a couple of days ago on a Jig-n-pig in brown/orange. It went 5-6 lbs. Also, have had luck on 1-2 lb. fish on suspending jerk baits by Lucky Craft. :D

Nothin' beats having your lure in the water - If in doubt, set the hook! And please practice catch and release and help keep our shores clean!
Welcome!
Looking forward to more reports and "amen" to the last line in your post.
Thats a nice fish! That area is a graveyard for jigs...haha. I've lost so many jigs right around there... but its a good spot!

Welcome and thanks for the report.
Welcome to the forum and nice fish!

houla wrote:
and "amen" to the last line in your post.

x2
Wait.. is that Almaden Lake Park or Almaden Reservoir? I don't remember that part of the park at Almaden Lake.

I remembered it's all rocks underneath the bridge.. not dirt like in your pic.

By the way.. awesome looking fish and welcome to the forum!
hybrid90 wrote:
Wait.. is that Almaden Lake Park or Almaden Reservoir? I don't remember that part of the park at Almaden Lake.

I remembered it's all rocks underneath the bridge.. not dirt like in your pic.

Yea, I've never seen dirt there either, but I haven't been to Almaden lake in like 5 months so I just thought it may have turned that way with water level going down or runoff from the rain...dunno.

I believe that is the opposite side of the walking path (by the gate entrance) under the bridge if I'm not mistaken.
wow they have really dropped that lake down, have been waiting for that deff need to get down there if only had time with work and finals
DANG NICE FISH !
welcome to the best dang Southbay Bass forum and Merry Christmas
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Yes, it's Lake Almaden and I'm under the Coleman bridge on the Almaden Epressway side. I caught the hawg off the steep banks towards the playground. I had to walk the fish to the bridge to get the picture taken by a nice, young couple who were fly fishing. :D They were happy to see there is VERY nice fish in the lake! Happy holidays to all!