ALMADEN LAKE BOARD MEETING March 13 RSVP

Victor Gomez from San Jose District 10 said:
The Santa Clara Valley Water District will be holding a meeting to address the feasible alternatives for Almaden Lake. On Wednesday, March 13, the water district will hold a community meeting in the boardroom of its headquarters building to present its feasible alternatives to address the situation at the lake. The meeting is from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Please contact Tony Mercado at 408-630-2880 to RSVP.

Santa Clara Valley Water District
5750 Almaden Expressway
San Jose, CA 95118

Copy & paste the following link to view the alternatives.

http://www.valleywater.org/EkContent.as ... maden+lake

Thank you,

Victor Gomez
Office of Councilmember Johnny Khamis
Check out the proposed options on link in original post , well how the hell do they have money for any options ??? They cant even keep lake open on mondays ,
So jus checked out the alternatives, and wanted to hear everyone's opinion on which they lean toward and why. Mainly cuz I dont know much about these kinds of things and would like to see if anyone has some input that could help me understand the different effects they could have on fishing. Thanks!
you going to the meeting? I am going to try work might interfere
However when i read all this and look at the survey i was sent there is not a darn thing regaring fishing , all this birdwatching,biking ,walking ,playground etcetc, appears these folks dont give a darn fir fish or fisherman or woman

So i will let you know what i can
No, I have work and can't take a day off.

But, i got a email the other day from Almaden Lake with a brochure of their summer activities and I saw they have a course for beginning bass fisherman ages around 9-15 or sumthin like that.
Almaden Lake has had problems for years!!! And now the SCVWD wants to do something...I wonder why? Probably want to fill the lake and eventually sell off the land to developers for millions to build more useless sh!t! The number one reason that lake has bacterial algae blooms is from the Canadian geese! get rid of those frickin birds and watch the water clear up!!! I like the comment in that flyer that says "The RECENT influx of seagulls to the lake has exacerbated the problem of nutrients, which result in oxygen consumption and algae blooms". Those seagulls have been there for over 20 years and all over San Jose during the winter time! The SCVWD left it up to the city and the park rangers to try and control the goose population, but with each nest having 5-15 eggs in it, with easily 50-75 nests per year, there's not a whole lot to do. The geese are supposed to migrate, but they have a food source, shelter, and water...it's no wonder why they don't leave. Oh and the bleeding hearts out there won't allow any other population control of those birds...so guess what...you have birds there that are easily on 10 generations if not more and more to come.
The mercury has always been there and probably will be there forever, but Calero and Almaden res are not even close to being as bacteria filled as Almaden lake is. Oh, one more thing, Alamitos creek that flows into Almaden lake is also polluted...maybe the SCVWD should look into that. (8-|
Don't get me wrong, I like this place to fish and have caught some toads out of this lake and the last thing I want to see is it filled in!
The island is by far the best spot to fish, but since the mussel quarantine took place we are no longer allowed to float tube the joint... 8-) Had a few days tubing that island with 25-35 bags.
Ah yeah the good ol float tube days at almaden lake :( i miss that island and the channel with that vegatation was sweet!!
Anyone go?
Sure would be nice to see them open it back up to small water craft and float tubes and such... self launching things.
I couldnt make it