Almaden Lake Park

sooo... Anyone else having Rangers come up to them?
Nope. Never happened to me. They always seem to drive pass me but never approached me.

So what did they say to you? Did they asked to see a fishing license?
Did he kick you out?
Have you guys been there recently? A month or two ago they put up these pink "Health advisory" signs. Ever since the rangers have been kicking fishermen out.

When I got stopped, the ranger didnt even ask for my license. He said that there is no fishing anymore. He then began to tell me that i was "fishing out of season"... last time i checked there is no season for san jose bass fishing...

Sidenote: he also totally drove away and ignored the bucket fishermen behind me with a net on his picnic table.
City worker tried to kick me out due to the pink signs. He said there is no more fishing, and he saw Rangers kicking fishermen out the day before.
I called the number from the sign for more info, and the lady checked her paperwork and said it was all good to fish. Went two more times after this happened maybe 3 weeks ago, but never saw a Ranger.
Sumeeezy wrote:
Have you guys been there recently? A month or two ago they put up these pink "Health advisory" signs. Ever since the rangers have been kicking fishermen out.

When I got stopped, the ranger didnt even ask for my license. He said that there is no fishing anymore. He then began to tell me that i was "fishing out of season"... last time i checked there is no season for san jose bass fishing...

Sidenote: he also totally drove away and ignored the bucket fishermen behind me with a net on his picnic table.
Maybe the bucket fishermen will show us what this "Health Advisory" is all about. }:( lol
SharkFlyinHigh wrote:
City worker tried to kick me out due to the pink signs. He said there is no more fishing, and he saw Rangers kicking fishermen out the day before.
I called the number from the sign for more info, and the lady checked her paperwork and said it was all good to fish. Went two more times after this happened maybe 3 weeks ago, but never saw a Ranger.
Sumeeezy wrote:

Maybe the bucket fishermen will show us what this "Health Advisory" is all about. }:( lol

So is it allowed to fish or has it changed since?
There are regulations on fishing the creeks surrounding almaden lake. Those do have "seasons" no matter what you are fishing for. As for the lake itself I have no idea whats going on ?
This is Bull Sh!t it's getting harder to fish were we want. due to all there's f'd up ppl who sit on their asses all day and havent wet a line to see what all the good fishing they're taking away.
This is Bull Sh!t it's getting harder to fish were we want. due to all there's f'd up ppl who sit on their asses all day and havent wet a line to see what all the good fishing they're taking away.
I agree. Lately I have been getting the cops called at all my usual ponds just because people have nothing better to do. Its not like we are doing anything wrong. All the fish are released. No harm is being done to anyone or anything
We all have to remember we may not be doing the the harm like leaving trash or sometimes dead fish on the shoreline or fishing line. I know that I do not and I'm sure 95% of us on here also do not leave things a mess. But it's the uneducated idiots that dont think about what they are doing and how its going to impact others and we need to make sure when we see ppl like that, that we take a few minutes to instill in them about cleaning up after themselves so that future generations may enjoy the sport or even the outdoors itself.