Almaden Lake Treating Well this year!

Havent post pics, so heres some
1st pic was a month ago, its my personal best of 6 lbs 3 oz
2nd pic was yesterday (hahaha chocloate muddy water) 6 lbs

U guys can tell the spot XD...but with wat??
NICE man.

as for what u caught it on...im gonna go out on a limb and say a crankbait...well..based on the filename lol
FriedKalamari wrote:
NICE man.

as for what u caught it on...im gonna go out on a limb and say a crankbait...well..based on the filename lol

they say those who observe the best will learn more than the others. lol i like to keep a note sometimes of wat i get the fish on...
Holy crap batman you gots some hogs out there you need to change your handle to bigassbassmaniac. Congrats you are theone who has observed a lot and succeeded in being a damn good stick congrats
Nice catch man, I am pretty sure I have seen you out and about getting your line wet. We put a little crawdad boat in the water co. once. So are you going to tell us if it was a crank bait or what?
almadenbassmaster wrote:
Holy crap batman you gots some hogs out there you need to change your handle to bigassbassmaniac. Congrats you are theone who has observed a lot and succeeded in being a damn good stick congrats

hahaha, learn from others...thanks..i hope when stage up on their beds ill find a few 7-10 lber...a DD will make my year
rahrah710 wrote:
Nice catch man, I am pretty sure I have seen you out and about getting your line wet. We put a little crawdad boat in the water co. once. So are you going to tell us if it was a crank bait or what?

yea it was crank, its a possibility that u have to to see at least me or nick out there
Hey bluegilmaniac how much you charge for guide servIce? Hahahahahaalol
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
rahrah710 wrote:

yea it was crank, its a possibility that u have to to see at least me or nick out there

whats your take on crankbaits in general? i tend to never use them because for one ive never caught a fish on them, and two they are so easy to lose and get hung up in weeds
almadenbassmaster wrote:
Hey bluegilmaniac how much you charge for guide servIce? Hahahahahaalol

hahaha. nothing..if my client gets the skunk then they need to buy me lunch..cuz i get hungry when i dont catch fish
FriedKalamari wrote:
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
rahrah710 wrote:

whats your take on crankbaits in general? i tend to never use them because for one ive never caught a fish on them, and two they are so easy to lose and get hung up in weeds

I started seriosuly cranking in November...i bought a 706 powell crankbait rod..and said to myself "im gonna learn how to crank this winter" I isolated myself for a bit wen i got the rod to only use cranks.. (thats just how i learn) To me now a crankbait is an essential in ur arsenal. U need different colors and different depths. U also need tight and wide wobble. and area ur throwing. I understand it can be frustrating to snag a crankbait and lose it...remember some float bak up....i've lost a few but look wat i was rewarded with. Also with wen getting it hung on weeds it makes u wanna put ur crankbait away...thats something i cant tell you yet because i need to learn how to run a crankbait through grass more
Nice man, continuing to do work out there...i bet you guys get a 9+ out of there sometime this year.
JDBassin wrote:
Nice man, continuing to do work out there...i bet you guys get a 9+ out of there sometime this year.

Thanks Jared I hope so too, at least one us..i just wanna see a 10+ out of water, in one our hands
Nice fish bro, especially knowing how stained that lake is right now!
UrbanBassMan wrote:

Stained water or dirty water in general= fish staged up shallow
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
UrbanBassMan wrote:

Stained water or dirty water in general= fish staged up shallow

',,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
not after this weekend of these temps ,,,,,,,don't count on them up shallow for a few
ya chris i agree with almaden .. just because the water is dirty doesnt mean theyre shallower.. theyll just be less spooky
nicholas.trinh wrote:
ya chris i agree with almaden .. just because the water is dirty doesnt mean theyre shallower.. theyll just be less spooky

not all fish will be up shallow but yea with this temperature right now they wont be...
bluegillmaniac657 wrote:
nicholas.trinh wrote:

not all fish will be up shallow but yea with this temperature right now they wont be...

Yeah it's coldddddddlddd, but one thing I know you guys can catchem even if alma den was iced over I know you would be posting pics of them toads
I obviously dont want this thread to die out...im gonna keep it going...
6 lbs 5 oz