Almaden Percs - 04.12

Hey gents, I took my son and labrador out to the Almaden Percs on Sunday for a couple of hours of fishing.

First cast with the trusty drop-shot yielded a 2.0 pounder that put up a pretty good fight for my son...

Attachment:
IMG_0715.jpg

And then my lab, who normally isn't into the water decided that it was time to get wet. I don't think I could ever keep her out of the drink from now on. She had more fun than my son and I combined...

Attachment:
IMG_0716.jpg

Water was pretty clear, and there were some people sight fishing there.
Excellent!! lol And that's what it's all about sharing great fishing adventures with future generations of bass fisherman/women. Thanks for sharing
Looks like you had some fun Marce. How old is the Lab? Is she fixed? Bassman1057 may be looking to breed his pup. I would be looking my self but mine seems to have a problem with a nut dropping. The pups we have are almost two. If you are intrested give Bassman a call I know you got his number.
They don't mind the dogs in the water there? I am always looking for another area to go, they don't like it to much at coyote if the dog gets wet. I took mine once last year and fishing a frog, a few cast later the dog comes flying by me and swimming he went. The funny thing was he was only about 1 at the time and never had to really swim in the water, the boat was in about 25FOW at the time, I thought I was going swimming to but he made it to the shallow water and I was able to get him back in.
Awesome pictures. Did your son out fish you? :D
awesome dude!!!!
I was out in the eveneing about 5ish and saw a lot of folks fishing with kids, and a black lab swiming with fish. You must have been earlier..didnt see your pups.

I got skunked, but I did see a big ass fish jump over in the 2nd to last pond next to the island. It was easily 10lb. assuming it was a carp.

your kid outfished me again.