ALVISO SLOUGH!?

Im heading out this weekend for some sturgeon. I want to go out through alviso slough but I heard you have to ride the tides otherwise your stuck in the mud. My question is, does anyone know about this. How much tide do you need to get in and out and how much time do you need to give yourself to get in before the tide goes out. Or is it just for the negative low tides you have to watch out for? I don't know, any info would be awesome! Thanks Brothers!
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ALVISO SLOUGH? HAS ANYONE BEEN OUT THROUGH THERE? I WANT TO HEAD OUT THAT WAY THIS WEEKEND BUT NEVER LAUNCHED FROM ALVISO HARBOR. ANY ADVICE? DONT TAKE MY CHANCES? OR GO FOR IT!! THEY HAVE THE STURGEON DERBY GOING ON THIS WEEKEND ALSO. WAS GOING TO ENTER.
TRAFFIC IS GOING TO BE A MESS AROUND ALVISO THIS WEEKEND DUE TO THE SUPERBOWL. YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF LAUNCHING OUT OF REDWOOD CITY AND MAKING THE RUN BY WATER IF YOU HAVE A BOAT BIG ENOUGH. I HAVE NEVER FISHED THERE BUT I KNOW IT CAN BE TREACHEROUS DUE TO THE SKINNY WATER. LOTS OF GUYS GET STUCK IN THE MUD. THE ALVISO LAUNCH CAN BE SLIPPERY AS SNOT DURING LOW TIDE. IF YOUR BOAT HAS A SHALLOW DRAFT, YOU COULD GIVE IT A SHOT, BUT I HAVE ALWAYS HEARD IT IS BEST TO RUN OUT THERE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THE AREA. ALSO, WATCH OUT FOR THE SHRIMPERS. THEY CAN BE TERRITORIAL FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD. GOOD LUCK, AND POST UP HOW YOU DO.
OH YEAH, AND WELCOME.
Thanks houla! I will keep you posted! Im always looken for new spots and always have room on my boat if anyone is looken to go wet a line! Oh, i know the shrimpers out there in alviso. They bring in their generators into my shop to be repaired. They are good people. Anyways, thanks for the info. Fish on!
The shrimpers may be your best source of info on the area if you know em'. I bet they know every little hump and hole out there. This is the first year I've actually purchased a sturgeon card(though I would probably release anything I caught). All my knowledge of the area and sturgeon fishing for that matter, comes from research, not experience, so I look forward to some posts!
Good luck man.
+1 to what Houla said. This discussion came up recently among some friends and they also advised to not venture out of Alviso if you've never done so. Although it would be equally dangerous on our kayaks, I'm sure getting stuck in mud is a b!tch no matter what vessel you're on haha.

Hope you had a safe trip and got some dino!