Anderson Fishing Report - PICS & VID

Put up a blog post from today, check it out!
http://californiafishingblog.blogspot.c ... shing.html
nice fish!!!was a good day out there :)
bighurt, did you fish too? what were your results?
yea from shore.it was in the teens biggest 2.66
think u saw u out there u where in the white boat
anderson-5087.html
Does Anderson have spotted bass???
No spotted bass in anderson
from what i've read, i always thought the spotted bass were in anderson, i guess this is a huge debate on another thread
spots-in-anderson-2489.html
bighurt408 wrote:
yea from shore.it was in the teens biggest 2.66
think u saw u out there u where in the white boat
anderson-5087.html

nice, definitely a lot better than me! ya, you probably saw me on the boat, same as in the pic, just took the tower off.
How deep do you fish for the crappie? Im thinking about taking my pontoon out there.
Those are some nice crappie . I can never slow down to try and get those.
As for spots in Anderson ? I am no expert on catching them , but a couple years ago , I caught a bass that had the tooth on the toungue and was marked like a spot and fought like it was crazy. I was tempted to bring to the docks and ask , but there weren't very many guys on the water late that day . When I got to the parking lot to re-tag the boat , I ask the only other guy there and he agreed , he was told that one of his friends has caught spots at Anderson for sure.
You would think with the type of structure and baitfish , spots would breed like crazy if they were in there.
tight lines ,
Rob
Anderson is a northern largemouth lake with some Florida hybrids here and there. Northern largies and spots can look very similar. At mixed bag lakes like Don Pedro, they are often confused. Since largies and spots are fairly close in genetic makeup, its not uncommon for them to share traits. Northern lmb have smaller mouths than Floridas or Florida hybrids, which is why you will catch a 4lb fish at Anderson and it has the mouth of a 2lber. Same thing at Lexington. A lot of guys will associate small mouths and coloration/lateral lines with spots, but there are more definite ways to tell. The lower lip and the top of the tongue are both distinct from a largie.
its pretty simple, if there were spots in anderson, you would have large amounts caught. Not to mention some would end up at Calero because I know someone will release them there. I have caught tons of fish at Anderson, and never once caught a spot. If you look at the scales as well, you will see a difference in spots to northern strains.

Anyone in doubt about spots should take a trip to Nacimiento, make a few cast, and you will soon realize what a spot is.

And yes, spots can get very big as well, but they look like someone stuffed them full of grapefruits. I think that if anyone believes they caught a spot at anderson should take a photo and post it up.

I believe the Anderson fish fight almost and i really mean almost as well as spots, but they are all northerns to me.
if you want to see a spot from nacimiento, you don't have to drive all the way down there, here is a picture from 2 weeks ago of a nice 3lb spot i caught:
Ender wrote:
How deep do you fish for the crappie? Im thinking about taking my pontoon out there.

0 to 10 feet. they seemed to be spawnin, don't keep too many ;)