Anderson Lake 4/7 and 4/11

On Sunday I decided to take my girlfriend out fishing for her first time, we fished at the south end of the lake from about 10 in the morning until 4 in the evening. She landed 2 and I caught 1, she caught her first one on my pole while I was re-lining her pole LOL! We were using tubes and working them slowly along the bottom at about 15' - 20'.

I decided to go out yesterday for about an hour before the sun came down and managed to land one on a small spinnerbait casting into the wind.

Oh and beautiful sunset

We are going out again this evening to see if we have any luck and to determine who lands more fish this time! I got her hooked lol.
Nothing better than a GF that likes to fish. Those kind are hard to just catch and release.
My wife and I like to fish aswell but what she don't understand is we have to move and not just stay in one spot its a change from baiting and casting I tell her but she don't get it so we aren't successful. But we do always take our kids so its also hard to move around with the caravan hahaha.
Not trying to be an a$$, but why does everyone drag the fish on the dirt. I see it over and over again, especially on this site. This destroys the fishes slime coat and makes it pron to fungal infections. If you catch and release this is not a good practice. Just raising awareness...

Set'Em Good
Maybe the fish moved so much that when they went to pick it up out of the water they accidentally dropped it and they didn't drag em' that or maybe ppl can't afford fishing nets
You don't need a net to make sure the fish doesn't get dirt all over it. Be ready at the shoreline when the fish is there and lip it.

This isn't related to the original poster or anyone in this thread, but if you fish bass, please learn how to remove hooks from "gut-hooked" fish. I was banking it yesterday and watched a guy for about 2-3 minutes use pliers to try and "remove" a hook, then he proceeded to take multiple pictures of this dink and THEN dropped it on the bank on accident, and then tossed it back into the water. What a joke that was. (8-|

BTW, there's videos on YouTube on how to remove deeply hooked fish. It's simple and works.
Set'em Good wrote:
Not trying to be an a$$, but why does everyone drag the fish on the dirt. I see it over and over again, especially on this site. This destroys the fishes slime coat and makes it pron to fungal infections. If you catch and release this is not a good practice. Just raising awareness...

Set'Em Good

Thanks for bring this up, Set'Em Good. I've seen same kind of problem with other forum as well. I think some are just accident, and some just don't know, while some don't care. Some of the pictures I have seen looked like ready to become "tempra" with dirt covering them completely.

I carry a net even when I shore fish. I have not see anybody else do the same (except for bucket fishermen). I think carrying net is considered "not cool" because some think if you know how to lip, there should not be any reason for net. I carry it because, I don't have three hands and I want to make sure to keep the fish in the water as much as possible while I'm getting my tools out, or while I am getting my scale and camera ready. And sometimes fish still have lots of fight in them when I land them and I do not want to drop them on accident.

I put this like before, but here is a like to remove hook when it was gut hooked. If you use senko style bait, you should know because if you fish enough this will happen sooner or later.

http://www.electric-bass.org/throughTheGill.html
Typo... I mean 'link' not 'like'.
Looks like your girl catches bigger fish than you haha! nice catch!
The technique to remove hooks from a gut hooked fish doesn't always work but it does often. If it doesn't work, you should have a pair of cutters so you can cut the hook and remove it.
Here is a link to the technique to remove hooks from gut hooked fish.

http://www.electric-bass.org/throughTheGill.htm