anderson

has any one fished anderson in a while
went out to anderson today lost three fish i cant seem to land them on jigs i would get them close to the bank 4 0r 5 feet away then just shake it out every time what am i doing wrong >:-( onley landed one little one on a purple senko at the back of anderson were the trees are sticking out of the water
What style of jig are you using? Arkie head flipping/pitching, football head? What's your rod and line? I got stuck on using only Rodstrainer Dinkster jigs, which have a heavy gauge hook. Caught some toads on it from the start so it was an instant confidence bait. It works well making short cast down to 12 ft, but beyond that the hook up percentage drops. Lost some quality fish on longer cast and in deeper water or didn't hook up at all after the bite. I finally started using football head jigs in deeper water/longer casts and my hook up percentage went way up. Also, swing hard. [green]
stealth bassin wrote:
What style of jig are you using? Arkie head flipping/pitching, football head? What's your rod and line? I got stuck on using only Rodstrainer Dinkster jigs, which have a heavy gauge hook. Caught some toads on it from the start so it was an instant confidence bait. It works well making short cast down to 12 ft, but beyond that the hook up percentage drops. Lost some quality fish on longer cast and in deeper water or didn't hook up at all after the bite. I finally started using football head jigs in deeper water/longer casts and my hook up percentage went way up. Also, swing hard. [green]

Swing for the fences is right!
Was there today 12/12/08. Overcast with a steady breeze, surface temp low to mid 60's. Clarity about 3'. Fished with my brother and his freind. Brother and I each boated one LM each. His on a dropshot, 4 inch plastic. Mine on a Booyah 1/2 oz. football jig, with a contrasting, dark splittail trailer. Just 2 today, both under 2 lbs., not very productive. Another tough day for bites. I happenned to be casting my Booyah with my flippin stick, so I had zero problems on the hookset. Planned on fishing deeper so, I opted for that rod. Have landed em using the same jig on a mh 7' fast action rod with 12 lb. P-Line cxx moss green. Had a Revenge 5/16 oz. jig head with a dark Berkley Hula Grub on that rod, for the shallower points. On the hookset, I swing so hard straight over my head, I almost fall backwards. Good thing I reel down and take up my slack first. Helps to hold me upright, or I'd be swimmin for sure. So to help you out when you get a bite, stay calm, take a moment to reel in any slack line and set the hook hard, straight over your head. This way you set the hook hard enough to pop the jighead out of the bass's lips, and get that hook burried in the roof of it's mouth. I hope this advise helps you land more fish.