Any reports? Anyone?

Any reports for the local ponds lately or is it just too damn cold right now?

Thinking of heading out to Almaden Lake since it looks like good weather to come.
Weather has been great... cold but fishing is best with its cold just have to slow it down...
Fished Almaden Lake, Coleman Ponds, and behind Dennys a few times the past two weeks with no luck.
Been goin out to Los Vaqueros for some trout fishin n been killin it! Ill post some pics later
I went to Anderson on Saturday. I hooked one but it got away. I thought it was my first fish of the year ;( I'm yet to catch anything this year. BTW, the water temp was 54, so the fish shouldn't be too frozen up, I don't think. How is the water temp of those ponds, someone know?
Went to almeden on Saturday, no luck. Talked to some other guys that where fishing there, they had no luck either....
Almaden - Sun - Skunked
Sandy Wool - Mon - Skunked
Cunningham - Tues - Skunked

I'm on a serious drought right now. I haven't caught a damn thing in weeks.

Ranger at Sandy Wool states the trout should go in on Thur or Fri. I fully intent to be hitting it Sat morning to end this drought. I don't care if it's a trout I need to catch something!

Adam
Holy hell if you are posting at two in the morning you must be serious man! I've seen this before when a man has a desperation to catch a fish, quick! Anyone! Hit em with a fishing rod! HARD! [green]
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like most got skunked fishing local ponds.

Guess I gotta head out further for some trout fishing like SharkFlyinHigh stated but AFTER I hit Almaden Lake this Saturday just to confirm the skunkiness.................... or not! [green]
Coleman Ponds (Hit all but the one nearest to Almaden)-Skunked
Stevens Creek x3-Skunked
Lexington (on Kayak)-Skunked
Oakridge Pond-Skunked
blackbag wrote:
I don't care if it's a trout I need to catch something!

Adam

Amen!
Freshwater reports always seem like slim pickings in the cold of winter...ocean seems more fish friendly this time of year!
Alright so not all fish are mine. Either mine, my brothers or my dad. Too many trips to remember which was which haha, but all from Los Vaqueros.
First up tho my brother with his
Attachment:
428857_314051915372543_1261644917_n.jpg

same fish but different angle
Attachment:
45360_308947892549612_2063259306_n.jpg
Top trout is 5.7lbs and the one underneath is 4.9lbs. For catching a trout over 5lbs and getting a limit you get these
Attachment:
320656_308948255882909_2077519554_n.jpg

And than there were these..
Attachment:
47635_316778995099835_117326881_n.jpg
Attachment:
182307_314049068706161_1702541802_n.jpg
And these too..
Attachment:
522708_310541099056958_851477634_n.jpg
Attachment:
20120929_110359.jpg
Attachment:
20121227_154122.jpg
ok, so the pic with my brother holding the stringer and the different angle underneath it was wrong. These are his fish minus his stripper
Attachment:
image.jpg

And here's what we did with some of em, my dad smoked em
Attachment:
12282_315471275230607_254875190_n.jpg
SharkFlyinHigh wrote:
These are his fish minus his stripper
Nice fish man!, but I wanna see stripper pics! I guess there's better sites for that but fish+strippers is hard to beat. [green]
Yeah we were huntin for those strippers but they havent been hitting the past couple weeks. Goin again tomo mornin ill post some pics if i get some stripper
how does almaden lake look? clarity and water level? broke my leg over new years and havent been able to get out. I will be getting a hard cast on mon so hopefully will be more mobile and would like to hit up almaden lake
Have to have limits on strippers because they are so easy to catch. Wave a $20 and they come running.
blackbag wrote:
Have to have limits on strippers because they are so easy to catch. Wave a $20 and they come running.

I almost caught on one once but they usually just steal the bait ;) . Lots and lots of bait....
houla wrote:
blackbag wrote:

I almost caught on one once but they usually just steal the bait ;) . Lots and lots of bait....

Problem is the other things you catch with strippers. [green]