anyone been to quarry lakes in fremont lately

Any reports or anything guys thinking of hittin it sunday
don't the stock trout in there ?
Yeah mt lassen trout
I haven't been there in awhile, probably about a year or so.

The place used to kick out some decent fish. I'm sure theres still SOME in there. But it used to irritate the F&*$ out of me to see people taking home bass, both smallies and green ones. There are giant trout (5+ lbs) in there to feed your family and friends that they stock, that are fairly easy to catch. It's the guys who take home anything they land that pissed me off into not going. One too many arguments with non-English speaking individuals ruined that place for me. I'm sure the water is low too, so be prepared to fish a small body of water already with falling water levels.

Good luck!
Yeah i caught a 7 pounder outa there hoping for another this year
Been there twice in the last month with nothing to show for it other than this smell. They are still stocking but bite is tough. I've only fished the beach area to the peninsula using powerbait and kastmasters, morning to afternoon. And yeah water is low, don't know anywhere that isn't.
I have not fished there in 6 months even though I live 5 minutes away. It's usually a tough bite for bass, but we normally take catch a few using dropshot. You can still see a lot of quality fish (3-5 lbs) swimming around, but they are really wary. Good luck!
FlippingStick wrote:
I haven't been there in awhile, probably about a year or so.

The place used to kick out some decent fish. I'm sure theres still SOME in there. But it used to irritate the F&*$ out of me to see people taking home bass, both smallies and green ones. There are giant trout (5+ lbs) in there to feed your family and friends that they stock, that are fairly easy to catch. It's the guys who take home anything they land that pissed me off into not going. One too many arguments with non-English speaking individuals ruined that place for me. I'm sure the water is low too, so be prepared to fish a small body of water already with falling water levels.

Good luck!

man that sucks. don't know why people are like that.
they pissed me off before and I've called fish n game on
them in the past. well I guess since trout is stocked it might be
ok to take a few good ones home but NOT stock up on them.
lmao I can't rule a specific group out because the bang bang calls me
racist lmfao
southbayareabassman wrote:
Yeah i caught a 7 pounder outa there hoping for another this year

that's one of the nicest trout I've seen
killer job!
Unfortunately there are a lot of people that keep what they catch. I occasionally will keep a bass to give to my mother if I catch one small enough. She only gets one between 12-14" and all others get released. Two things that bother me which I have witness with my own eyes when I first started fishing at Quarry lakes.

1.) Some dad taking his kid fishing and they keep all these 5-6" fingerlings so he can take them home to show his mom. They must had 8-9 fish when I noticed and his kid was screaming at him because he wanted to keep more. ;(

2.) Two guys with a stringer of bass, 7 all between 3-5 lbs bragging that this was the best day they had fishing and planned to show their families they know how to fish. >:-(

Both were gut wrenching, but those rednecks with the 7 bass took more than they ever could eat.
Such a waste to stock their freezer instead of taking only what they can consume.
I here what ur saying guys and i let all mu bass go and i only fish for trout at quarry lakes and only take my limit period i dont even take small trout only 2lbs and up
Urbina wrote:
racist lmfao

Get it straight genius. I called you racist for referring to asians as "orientals". Apparently, you're ignorant and don't understand English either. Not surprised. lol lol

I'm asian and I'll admit there's a lot of asian poachers...no denying the truth.

As for Quarry, I think its still a bit early for trout, but its getting there. I usually do better once it gets a bit colder.

Once ocean is closed for most species, I'll be out at Quarry or Shadowcliffs trolling for trout so maybe I'll see you out there sometime southbayareabassman.
For sure just let me know
IBangBangU wrote:
Urbina wrote:
racist lmfao

Get it straight genius. I called you racist for referring to asians as "orientals". Apparently, you're ignorant and don't understand English either. Not surprised. lol lol

I'm asian and I'll admit there's a lot of asian poachers...no denying the truth.

As for Quarry, I think its still a bit early for trout, but its getting there. I usually do better once it gets a bit colder.

Once ocean is closed for most species, I'll be out at Quarry or Shadowcliffs trolling for trout so maybe I'll see you out there sometime southbayareabassman.

tell your relatives to stop taking all the fish haha
idiot
Ok fellas lets all just chill out enough fighting ok
I'm cool but this b*%ch is all bad behind a key board n screen.
dumb sh¥t. fu$&en F@G
Come seriously ur not being any better by continuing it so you should both just let it go
yup your right.
thanks bro
southbayareabassman wrote:
Ok fellas lets all just chill out enough fighting ok

That's y I haven't posted lot of bitchn back n forth!!!

Like how old are we fellas get over the racist shoot!!

And grow a pair!!!

Jr
Well great day today took home 6 fish gave 2 away let 2 go cause of size and lost 3 one was over 8lbs that i lost.