BASS BAIT DEATH MATCH, Round 1 Match 3

The last contest may not have provided much drama for fans of DEATH MATCH, as Plastic Worm toyed with Lipless Crankbait both physically and emotionally, and finally delivered a humiliating 12-0 victory.

However, just as how random pairings can sometimes create an obvious mismatch, they can also occasionally match up two heavy-weights in the first round. Next up are two baits who pre-tournament analysts listed as favorites to reach the DEATH MATCH final round, if only chance was on their sides. As things have played out, one of them will be going home early.

The next two randomly selected contestants are: Senko vs. Swimbait

Image VS. Image

Vete!
Senkos = Numbers

Swimbaits = Size

I want a big fish. Numbers are for when you bring guests, are on a new lake, or just want to catch fish. Nothing beats spending time throwing a swimbait and feeling that infamous "THUDD".
I have to go with senkos. You will lose a lot more tournaments if you rely on the swimbait for the "BIG" bites. Don't get me wrong though, if you are in a team tournament with a limit or near limit then having one person chucking a swimbait for a kicker fish is a good idea.
Senkos. After reading the swimbait posts and seeing the pics I am starting to throw them just not a confidence bait yet.
+1 Senko
I have to go with the sinkos...I have not really gotten into swimbaits yet. All I need is a new swimbait rod and some baits...going to try it this spring.
Gotta stik with the Senkos...wacky...texas rig..even drop shot.
When you tried everything in your tackle, with no luck. Senkos always come through! [8:)
I always have a senko tied on but i am going to go with the swimbait. There are so many different types of swimbaits and ways to fish them. I like big fish and so do swimbaits.
Senko, got bait when I am not catching fish
I have to go with the Senko here. Swim baits are great for catching big fish and if you get into a nice school of fish with the proper swim bait it will catch the numbers for you also. Myself I have not caught a big one on the swim bait yet, and I have landed my fair share of quality fish on the senko. So my vote goes to Senko.
I second that.....
Senkos have never let me down yet... when in doubt , throw a senko.
It is very versitile too.. you can swim it.. drop shot it, tex or wackky it.. and even carolina it too.. it has caught me size and numbers...
And in a tournament when 5 fish = 15 pounds.. a 3 lb average is darn good.

Senkos all the way....

Marone wrote:
Senkos = Numbers

Swimbaits = Size

I want a big fish. Numbers are for when you bring guests, are on a new lake, or just want to catch fish. Nothing beats spending time throwing a swimbait and feeling that infamous "THUDD".
+1 Senko
Man...what a tough decision.

Big bass all the time with some swimmers or lots more fish and few biggies tossed in for good measure on the senko.

I'd have to say it depends. [green]
Big fish use swimbaits..

Quanity fish use Senko's.....

If i had to choose depending on TIME OF YEAR!!!!....

It would be Senkos+1........

Jr
Final tally of SJB voters for Round 1 Match 3:

10 members prefer:

2 members prefer:

1 member prefers:
NOW thats funny Murf
Now thats the way to make him eat his words. That was great. he got you there Jerbs