Bass mating with carp?

I saw a 8lb+ mama bass following a school of 3 10+lb carps cursing the shore today.

Could not get her to bite anything.

Anyone saw something like that before? A bass trying to mate with carps?
She might be chasing them out of her territory or maybe theyre just schooling together for a little bit. Bass are incapable of breeding with carp.
Bass hate carp. Try throw a carp swimbait. My .02$
Those carps are too big to be eaten by that bass, so looks like they are schooling together. Perhaps that bass thinks the carps are his relatives. :-)
mushypull wrote:
Those carps are too big to be eaten by that bass, so looks like they are schooling together. Perhaps that bass thinks the carps are his relatives. :-)

Throw a smaller carp swimbait....anywhere from 6-8 inches....All American Trash Fish is a great swimbait with lifelike actions.
Bass and Carp mating = Impossible.
Carp are basically useless , thats why almost everybody I know calls them a "trash" fish. Calero has way to many , getting worse every year.
Carp are also bad for spawning bass , they eat the eggs. They also muddy up the water really bad . There are a few lakes up north were the carp were so bad about 10 years ago , they poisoned the lakes of all fish and re-stocked the gamefish . I snagged a carp last year at Calero that was so big , it broke a new Rapala scale , sucker was at least 3 feet long and inhaled a spinnerbait??
Don't get me wrong , they are fun to catch , just useless as a "sport" fish and the impact to bass isn't worth practicing catch and release.
The Carp die-off at Coyote was a blessing.