Bassin 01-25

Hey fellow anglers wishin' all of you a Happy Monday! The Bass were scattered at different depths on Sunday. Spooning was the presentation of choice although my nephew nailed a few Carolina-Riggin'.
That is a lunker my friend!
Looks like you had a great day! how big?
I was planning on waiting for late Feb., but now I'm thinking why wait?
Nice way to start the year. Have a chance to weigh it?
We scaled it a lil over 4 pounds.
Way to go jcab nice fish bro
This year im goin big. Gonna throw only swimbaits and topwater all year and see what happens........
Very nice jcab!
I've never spooned from the bank, only vertically from a boat. Are you using a pop/flutter retrieve or just straight cranking it in?
houla wrote:
Very nice jcab!
I've never spooned from the bank, only vertically from a boat. Are you using a pop/flutter retrieve or just straight cranking it in?

Hey Hula, how's things goin'? I was using a straight cranking/flutter retrieve close to the bottom.
southbayareabassman wrote:
This year im goin big. Gonna throw only swimbaits and topwater all year and see what happens........

Lol!!!! I call BS!!! Just cuz I've tried
Its hard to do fyi!! Cuz I huck big baits
All day and tw always end up picking a
Jigg or cranking stick!!!

Good luck on ur voyage more power if
U actually committ to it!!

Jr
Lol thanks jr well see ima do my best to
southbay ,
I am with Jr , your plan sounds nice but it won't help you catch more or bigger bass .
Successful bass fisherman are really good at finding/locating bass first , then understanding the conditions that entice then to bite or feed .
I am in no way a believer that ONLY big baits catch big bass . Here's an example .
My biggest bass at Anderson , 8.6lbs = 6" Robo worm . Calero 12.4lbs,= 4.5 Magic worm .
The largest majority of my big bass are caught on worms and spinnerbaits .
If you want to catch big bass ---learn where they live , where they move and what tempts them to react or feed .
Good luck , tight lines ,
Robb
Thanks rob yeah i hear ya on that my biggest bass 8lbs at coyote was on a 5 inch banjo minnow and my second biggest 6lbs also at coyote was on a 4inch topwater bait and i hooked 2 fish over 10lbs at some ponds i fish one was on a 6inch roboworm and 1 was on a flipin the bird lure i just wanna see if i can do it
Oh hell yeah on the banjo minnow!!!
jcab wrote:
houla wrote:
Very nice jcab!

Hey Hula, how's things goin'? I was using a straight cranking/flutter retrieve close to the bottom.

Hey man, things are fine. My post count here has dropped cause' 1Old man picks on me. [green]
Thanks for the info. We gotta go fishin' sometime this year. We've been catching some small stripers, but haven't even tried for LMB or Spots in 2015.
sorry Houla ,
time for your milk and cookies ---then a nap
1old man
FYI Robb, I had already enjoyed my soy milk and gluten free cookie and was crawling into my hypoallergenic bed when I was alerted to your post.
As far as swimbait fishing goes, we all know it has the potential for huge rewards. It's a lot easier to do solo or with someone who has the same goals. It's hard to stick with if the guy next to you is slaying on the usual stuff. If you want to commit to it, bring one rod, and one bait. I've heard that's the way to do it... I've never been able to. The rod I bought to chuck Hudds has caught countless lings, a halibut, and had a short, epic, losing battle with a sea monster I never got to see, but has never fought a LMB... lol
Houla ,
the visual you created with your description made me laugh and kinda made me sick.
I assume you were wearing a new "onesie" with a pink unicorn print ?
Robb

LOL
nice , I am so happy to see you post a pic of your fishing buddy .
I guess your trips to Shasta are really cozy !!!LOL
Robb
Awww... [red] I didn't know you were the jealous type.
Heading back there in April, woohoo!