Before the rain...

Last Sunday had nothing to do so got up early and headed out to coyote. Took the toon out there for the first time since sjb3. Got there at 630 and on the water by 715. Water level has droped so much lately that you cant hardly launch form the boat launch. So I droped in at anglers cove. Let the wind take me for a ride and fished deeper than I ever had. The water visability was about 2.5-3 ft. and cold.
Got a fish at about 10 when the sun poked through the clouds. Finaly I land a fish from the toon. A lot easier than when I was fishing from my yak. Stuck it out until 4 pm for 2 more fish and numb fingers and toes.
The only other guy on the water was in a float tube and he was riding the rollies. He eventually made it to the other side of the lake where I was fishing. Ended up being a mod on another web page, the senko guy :-X he wasnt having much luck either. Any ways- glad I didnt get the skunk!!! :D
Nice dude....If you walk away from yote without getting skunked I'd say you had a good day.

Did you and compadre have a coumbaya and talk about senkos ;D
Ya, asked if he was fishing that 4incher he likes to throw. Then caught one infront of him with my 7incher ;D
awesome ;D
Quote:
Ya, asked if he was fishing that 4incher he likes to throw. Then caught one infront of him with my 7incher ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D Even with fish size matter's :)
:'( :'( :'( i havent gone fishin in a while maybe ill con my dad into takin me fish, at least u cought fich though. ;D ;D
Quote:
I guess you all know I disagree with this way of reporting things. I sort of knew you would do this. Good thing it's been slow for that day and I did not have to lie to you about conditions. Next time we meet and I say it's been slow take it with a grain of salt. Â ;)

Nice to see you had some luck. :)

Ouch!! 8-) :-? We r not sniffers here...We share info....
but....you still like to read all the reports don't you ::)

Some people do get satisfaction out of helping out others. I know I have helped a few people get on some fish, even a PB or two, and that right there is ALMOST as good as me catching a fish. 8-)
Quote:
Jerbs,

I don't want to trash your site here
And I have helped a few to catch fish myself. I just don't come out and brag about it in the open.

This from the guy who BRAGS daily on the other site!!! ;D ;D

Your a funny guy compa.
Quote:

Thats not braggin, thats a joke!!!! Between the folk on this site.
Man...Fishinrick does it again, the king of getting his threads high-jacked. ;D Sorry buddy.

First, it's not "my" site. I think the people that post here would like for it to be referred to as "our" site.

Second, if my coombaya statement offended you, I'm sorry. It was made in a joking manner.

Third, there is no reason to "avoid" me as we have fished together before and I have no problems with you as far as I know. Yes, we've had some disagreements, but if I saw you out on the water I would go out of my way just to say hi, as I would to most fisherman whether I knew them or not. I do fish coyote 24/7, 365 days a year so if you want to avoid me, I wouldn't go there anymore ;D

Forth, sorry to say, no one cares if you disagree about the way people report things or anything else negative you have to say about this site.

Finally, everyone likes to "brag" about their catch and post pics. What do you call the silly valley thread on the sniffer? ::)

BTW...welcome to SJB 8-)
This site exists for information exchange, but also as a non-competitive non-dissing forum where all posters, regardless of experience or skills or expressive competence are treated as equals. No need to speak badly of other boards or their posters. That's never been what we as a group have been about.
i really like the san jose bass site because other anglers share there info on this site i dont fish as much as alot of you guys but its nice checking out the posts when i cant go just to get me thru the week of not fishing good fishin and have a great christmas len 8-)
coombaya(meant to spell it kumbaya) = singing around a campfire. Nowhere did I say you didn't like helping others until this...

Quote:
Good thing it's been slow for that day and I did not have to lie to you about conditions. Next time we meet and I say it's been slow take it with a grain of salt. Â ;)

I think that statement right there sums it up.
Quote:
Jerbs,

I don't want to trash your site here but you deserve a response.

What could you tell me that is of interest to me in terms of fishing? YOu fish different than I and what works for you does not necessarily work for me. Do I want to read your reports here? Yes, and I have used then to avoid running into each other at times.

And I have helped a few to catch fish myself. I just don't come out and brag about it in the open.

Lighten up Francis, it's not like Coyote is some hidden secret! There have been articles written about this place for years online and in magazines. We here disclose what we catch, but usually we try not to give the exact location.
We can all clearly see where you stand...

I stand to have fun fishin' and to help others do the same. 8-)
my other face ;D
I've never lied about any fishing spots or about the conditions.

That quote is from the turd site (you should source that) and someone took me to that spot on the condition I don't say the exact spot on the internet. Is rio vista not a good enough explanation of where we went? We (I) didn't
lie ,did we? Nope.

I can see with-holding information (or not saying anything), but stating on the internet that you are a liar is another thing. Why would you even say such a thing? That comment alone is more uncalled for and "out of line" than anything else in this entire thread. I just don't get it... :-?

I don't have time to get into a pissing match.

Off to clearlake....
gj on the fish rick.. man i havent fished in so long :'( :'( and I dont know who compa is but jerbs and compa should just say lets forget it and be friends! 8-) ;D :o
okay...one last time to clear things up...

I never called you a liar. You called yourself one. Which is what I can't understand.
You said:
"Good thing it's been slow for that day and I did not have to lie to you about conditions. Next time we meet and I say it's been slow take it with a grain of salt."

You're a cool dude when I've met you in person, why you gotta stir the pot on the internet? Â
Alrighty...I apologize for addressing you when I was not addressed and accusing you of calling yourself a liar.

You really thought that a first post like that wouldn't get a few responses...riiiiight.
I don't know what your intentions were with that first post, although it could've been a little more tactful, don't you think? That post and poster probably woulda been banned on the sniffer.

Gotta go, off to clearlake to go soak in the rain...tight lines.