Best map chip for SC Lakes, Delta, and other NorCal Lakes?

What is the best map chip to use in Santa Clara Lakes, Delta, Clear Lake and other Northern California Lakes?

I just picked up a fish finder and map chip (Lowrance Elite-4 and Lake Insight PRO 2012), only to find out that map chip only includes detailed map for other states. It does not include S.C. Lakes at all. For Clear Lake, the base built-in map was better than what was on the map chip. For Delta, it does have a better shoreline than the base map, but still no bottom readings, just shorelines.
I need a chip too. Was thinking Navionics, but need to see which one will work with my LMC334IGPS, and also work with an upgrade to newer as well...998 or hds8. Going to be staying awy from the touch screens, for I can't stand my android phone. Here is where you can read up for information, if you like. Seems to have more boaters on the forum, And may be able to get more responses on your questions. http://www.calbassin.com/SMF/index.php
Thanks, Ryan. I'll check them out.
Hey guys,, both of you should run the Navionics Premium Chip, however I believe the Elite 4 runs off a micro sd card. Do not try and put a platinum in your graph because it will not be compatible. If you have a higher end HB 798, 858, 898, 958, 998, 1158, 1198 you can run premium or platinum. Same goes for ALL HDS models except the x series eg. HDS5X (no gps)

I have the premium west and the base south. I liked both. Navionnics will be coming out with a new program where you can use ur info you load onto an SD card and it will show topo on ur graph. However that wont be for a few months. You do need a higher end unit to do it.

There are no map chips that cover anderson or coyote at the moment, Lexington and calero have decent mapping but not like you would see at clear lake.

Delta, it shows more info and the contour lines are there but there is not a huge difference. Also if you are big into tides and fish delta alot, you can get the insight HDS version and it will have tide tables but you cannot overlay data from navionics over insight, you would have to choose once topo map or the other, while running on navionics chip on hds insight, you will lose tide tables.

I am running 998ci si and 798 ci si hd networked and i love em.

Lastly remember when you network graphs, you still need to buy two mapping (if you want to) chips as the mapping overlay is not networkable and only the way points, trails, transducer selection, and gps are networkable.
TheGrayElephant wrote:
Hey guys,, both of you should run the Navionics Premium Chip, however I believe the Elite 4 runs off a micro sd card. Do not try and put a platinum in your graph because it will not be compatible. If you have a higher end HB 798, 858, 898, 958, 998, 1158, 1198 you can run premium or platinum. Same goes for ALL HDS models except the x series eg. HDS5X (no gps)

I have the premium west and the base south. I liked both. Navionnics will be coming out with a new program where you can use ur info you load onto an SD card and it will show topo on ur graph. However that wont be for a few months. You do need a higher end unit to do it.

There are no map chips that cover anderson or coyote at the moment, Lexington and calero have decent mapping but not like you would see at clear lake.

Delta, it shows more info and the contour lines are there but there is not a huge difference. Also if you are big into tides and fish delta alot, you can get the insight HDS version and it will have tide tables but you cannot overlay data from navionics over insight, you would have to choose once topo map or the other, while running on navionics chip on hds insight, you will lose tide tables.

I am running 998ci si and 798 ci si hd networked and i love em.

Lastly remember when you network graphs, you still need to buy two mapping (if you want to) chips as the mapping overlay is not networkable and only the way points, trails, transducer selection, and gps are networkable.

Thanks, TheGrayElephant. This is very helpful. Finding what exactly on chips are not easy. Asked BPS, TW and a local shop. BPS and a local shop gave me wrong info, while TW just referred me to manufacturer. I figured only way not to waste $150 is to ask fellow fisherman.

Just be sure...Are you saying even with Navionics Premium West Chip, you only see the shoreline contour but not the bottom contour?
all navionics maps are topographic maps....they will show all contours possible. Some lakes have 1 foot increments and some have 5 foot increments and some just are not good in general. However for delta, it will have bottom structure and hazards as referred to USGS. hope that helps let me know if you have questions.
Back in april I put rippin_lips chip in my 334 and I could not get the chip recognized for reading. Not sure which nav chip he had...Mike chime in any time and tell what you got. I am looking to get one chip that will work now on my 334 and later on an hds8 or 998. R u saying Nav Premium West is what I need?
I believe mine was a Navi Platinum for the west coast (SD card)
ok so the new navionics thing about taking your sonar logs an navionics takes the info and creates a topo is only available with the platinum. The new feature is called freshest data
Well after some research I guess my LMS334 will not be getting Navionics. Too old. I need to move it to the bow and get a new console unit. I never had a chip so I guess I will not miss it! Don't have funds for new fish finder. Just stay with my cheap garbage to match my boat and truck.