Bite's on!

Got my waders and headed out to Anderson this morning. It was great, the fish ranged from little dinks to a 6 - 7lber(mine ;)), I caught 5, hubs got 2.....lots got off >:( hubs hooked sumpin' that took his line then just snapped it. It was a great day out there!!!!!!!

Lots of peeps getting fish, lots of fish getting away.
Any pics to show us? I thought the lake would be real pressured after having a 56 boat tournament.
Sorry, I didn't bring a camera this time around. :(
Sounds like a good day..whereabouts were you 2 tubbin at? Lately I had most of my action near the dam and the redrock face. ;)
Woodchoppers! I started just up from the buoy and worked my way down from there and then reversed direction. I was laughing pretty good the first 15 mins in the water, I dropped my line, was helping the hubs get his pole ready and the first fish hit, not even 6 ft from shore. The look on his face was great......maybe that's why he went to the other side for a while ;). They were hitting everything, when I caught my biggie ( I know, you guys catch bigger but for me i was stoked!), I forgot my fish basket so i couldn't even show the hubs... :'(
yeah when the bite is ggod Woodchoppers is a favorite of mine as well. sounds like you 2 had a goodtime. thanks for the info. ;)
JIMMYG is the dink master
Nice report GB,

I never fished my toon from Woodchopers. Is there a fee to pay to enter that end? Also is there places to back up to the water to launch a toon?(When loaded my toon is heavy. I have a dolly to roll it around if needed.)

Thanks Glenn
Glenn, if you take the Dunne Ave entrance, there's no fees that I know of. At Woodchoppers, I've seen the guys launching their toons with and without wheels. The little parking lot is so close to the water, you could take your toon down then go back up to your car/truck for your gear while keeping an eye on it.

*Just make sure your license is out though......ranger patrol came by and ALOT of people on the bank packed up and left before the rangers could get close to them ;) ;) ;)
Even over by the dam the bites on. I got jipped today though. If Id known woodchoppers cove was free I woulda gone instead of fishing the dam. I ended up paying 12 bucks to launch my pontoon. ended up catching 2 fish, one of which was a dink but it was nice day over all.
Quote:
Even over by the dam the bites on. I got jipped today though. If Id known woodchoppers cove was free I woulda gone instead of fishing the dam. I ended up paying 12 bucks to launch my pontoon. ended up catching 2 fish, one of which was a dink but it was nice day over all.

Breaking in the toon.............GREAT JOSH......THAT'S TOON WASN'T IN THE WATER BUT ONLY 3 HR'S. AND IT DIDN'T CATCH ANY FISH..........GOOD JOB........
thanks . I'm taking it out again this saturday back to anderson. but this time im going to woodchoppers cove. Like I said before im loving that toon.
were fishn the dam josh
Ill be posting a report later guys im @ work but,the bite continued at Anderson today working the dam from the spillway to the end of the rock wall. Bass bite was good 1- 3lb the rest were all 1.5-2lb. It has been good for the past week or so and continues to get better. ;) light rain fel today twice but,it only seemed to pick up the bite aswell. :D
Kevkc try using your "Fishpen" with a drop shot... you should be alright wit that! ;D