Boat Theft in Discovery Bay - 11.10

Hey Guys, a couple of days ago my buddy's boat was stolen from his private hoist in Discovery Bay. If you are fishing the delta please keep an eye out for it. You'll notice that it has a Yellow stripe on his Mercury 225 which is very rare color scheme.

Seems like this is happening more and more often at the delta - super unfortunate.

Attachment:
51759_4329666592870_147523117_o.jpg
Yeah Cooch's boat was ripped too. I'm sure your buddies boat is stripped and totalled by now! Waste of skin, human theives. it is getting really bad out at the delta and something drastic needs to be done! Wish people would heep their hands off stuff that does not belong to them! Stuff isn't even safe on my own driveway nowadays. Someone will suffer by my hand soon...Drastic measures call for drastic actions! If the authorities can't take care of the matter, the public should! Pleanty of duck hunters on the water in the dark. Hope these bastards die! No need for them on earth!
Do you think they hot wired the boat? They need a key to start the engine right?
Ender wrote:
Do you think they hot wired the boat? They need a key to start the engine right?

Can't they just tow the boat? I mean there's no brakes to keep the boat from moving right? Just push the boat to open water then tow it? No need to start the boat? That's my guess.

Man.. the Delta's becoming a shithole now, especially the Rio Vista area. I tend to stay away from that area if I bank fish.

OP - sucks for your friend.. hope he gets his boat back and catch the bastards that stole his boat.
Wow, sounds like this is happening quite often now. Sorry to hear about your buddy's loss Marce. Sad to say, but Ragga is probably right about it being stripped by now. Damn those low lives, hope they get caught.

I'm guessing boat thefts weren't very common before in the delta area or is it just happening more often nowadays?
Is it expensive to equip some type of GPS on the boats to pinpoint once it's stolen?
hybrid90 wrote:
Is it expensive to equip some type of GPS on the boats to pinpoint once it's stolen?

https://www.lojack.com/Products/Stolen- ... ery-System
hybrid90 wrote:

Another option might be to add a line to your cell phone's family plan ($10?), buy used Android phone, and a Where Are You type of app on it. Or maybe just an alarm system?
I saw a guy post on westernbass about a company located on the east coast called "brickhouse security" . They make a GPS device you can track from a smart phone , computer etc... $150.00 , size of a small phone you can mount in any boat , vehicle etc...
tight lines ,
Robb
Well, they found it.... Stripped to the hull, pretty much like Cooch's boat.

Attachment:
396648_4339209151428_181058836_n.jpg
Damn that looks so sad!

Hope your friend has full coverage and recover from this.
too bad, the delta is full of meth heads..
Yeah I hear ya on that.. especially around the Rio Vista area.
You think meth heads did this? I dunno...meth heads are usually pretty sloppy and wouldn't be able to pull off a silent boat theft. Personally, I'd have to rule out meth addicts. Whoever is involved in these thefts seem to be pretty coordinated and know what they're doing (by not getting caught), which definitely don't describe meth addicts.

Either way, this totally sucks to hear about things like this going down so close to the holidays.
IBangBangU wrote:
You think meth heads did this? I dunno...meth heads are usually pretty sloppy and wouldn't be able to pull off a silent boat theft. Personally, I'd have to rule out meth addicts. Whoever is involved in these thefts seem to be pretty coordinated and know what they're doing (by not getting caught), which definitely don't describe meth addicts.

Either way, this totally sucks to hear about things like this going down so close to the holidays.

So you know what meth heads usually do? just curious.

there is a reason that locals call bethel island Methel Island.