Buzz-bait Setup?

What's everyone out there using for buzzbaits? Type of pole, line, reel, etc....

Marce
i use my rod that i use formy blades and swim jigs..i use a 7 ft medium power moderate action ..i will fish 15lb mono.. i like rod strainer buzzbaits and instead of using the metal blades i like to switch them out to the plastic blades is gives the fish a different look and believe it or not it will actually slow down the retrieve due to the thickness of the plastic. and ive found that the slowest retrieve possible is best because it gives the fish a good look at it which is why i try to use the double bladed ones. but i dont fish buzzbaits that much i only will fish it if i fish more around cover if it is a bit windier if not then ill just fish a popper or spook.. and for colors i try to stick to bluegill pattersn, and white chartreuse
Right now, I'm using what I've got, which is a BPS Pro qualifier combo (6'6' Medium rod) on 12 lb Vanish.

The Buzz Baits I like are the Lunker Lures in White and Chartreuse. The Slower the better. I like to use a trailer hook too.
trailer hook is a key for spinner baits as well as buzz baits. ever since i started using them, i have been landing more bites.
Been using my frod rod for buzz baits. 40lb suffix 831, Revo STX 7.1:1, and a Dobyns 735C. I am digging the braid!
Peacheater81 wrote:
Been using my frod rod for buzz baits. 40lb suffix 831, Revo STX 7.1:1, and a Dobyns 735C. I am digging the braid!

Nice! I love the 735c. Love it so much, I want to buried with it. (That, and a Curado, and my skateboard, and my mountain bike, and the Crestliner, and a six pack of Pacifico with lemons)
Curado 200 , either 12 or 15 lb flourocarbon and either a medium6,6 Crucial or GLoomis (for my shorter casts) or a 7ft medium hvy for throwing longer distance. I typically throw 1/2oz on these , sometimes I go lighter .
I have moved more toward Shimano Crucial rods because if I break one , the replacement is free. GLoomis now cost $100 to replace.
good luck ,
1Oldman