Calero 2/18

Got on the water today with Scott of www.scottsfishhunts.com. A very tough day to say the least! Water temp was between 49 - 54, hardly any wind today. The sun kept peekin' out here and there. Not many bites at all today. If they did bite, it was really soft. Threw mostly soft plastics and jigs. VERY slow bite today. Saw about 10-12 other boats on the water and someone on a toon and a float tube. The dude in the toon was all the way back in Cherry Cove!! :o Thats a very long way to row! I took a friend with me as well today, it was his first time bass fishing. As I was not getting bit, I prayed that he would catch a fish.....and finally around 2:30, he caught his first bass, around 2lbs. He was really happy! :D There was a bright spot though, an 8lb 14oz to the boat, unfortunately it wasn't caught by me :'(. When she got close to the boat I could swear she was over 10. This girl was caught by Scott. Man she was big. After a couple of pics, she was released and swam away strong.

Even though I didn't catch anything today, I was happy that my buddy got his first bass. By the way, this one was caught on a t-rig worm, probably in about 4-6ft of water.
Great Report Vince!!

Thanks
wow that water was cold was it sunny out there? if it was it would be a surprise to me since out in that area near calero it can get warm fast in the afternoons if it's sunny.
Quote:
wow that water was cold was it sunny out there? if it was it would be a surprise to me since out in that area near calero it can get warm fast in the afternoons if it's sunny.

It really didn't get warm today. We started at 12 noon and I never took my jacket off. I know what you mean about it getting warm real fast at Calero, but that never happened today. Its still Feb! 8-)

It was still nice to get out on the water for a few hours......better than sittin' at home on a day off! ;)