Calero 4/5

Was a bust [8|] only had one fish. Got on at 8:45 and was of by 3 because it was so slow
Saw Jim and family out their and they said the same thing. That was at about 1pm
talked to many others and same thing except one boat said they had 8 but all in the AM
nothing after 11am
Tell me about it......... ;( nothing/nada/zip did not see anybody else catching anything either.... ;(
Now I don't feel so bad about my skunk. Hey Sr at least you didn't have JimmyG with you and his limp wristed casting style. lol
I went out with Bassman for awhile sunday and it was slow. I lost one close to the boat shortly after we got there around 11. It wasn't taht big maybe a 2lbr. Nothing else for us at all. Left around 2.
Now I don't feel so bad about missing Sunday. Thanks for cheering me up. }:( Nursing a couple injuries so I thought I'd rest so I can go midweek.
yes after the rain on Tues it should pick up again. Full moon coming this weekend!! :)
Today is better out there--lots of glass. I was there from 9-12 on the bank south of the docks to the last cove where you can see the road...

I got a 1 pounder at the dock, then a 1.75 pounder south (both on spinner). I threw my "last cast" with a senko and got a bite, but I swung too early and couldnt find it again. Had to rush home for a conference call (playin hookie).

There were some HUGE fish jumping out there. I have not seen fish that big jumping before. I dont know if all of them were bass, but some were. The biggest I saw...i could swear I saw some orangish tones in the flash. Maybe it's carp?

Anyway, i'm gonna probably head back out as soon as I'm done "at the office" today around 5 and work some of the same areas.

kevin
Went back at 530. THERE WERE ABOUT 20 PEOPLE FISHING! I didnt expect that. All south of the boat ramp had people, so this time i headed towards the dam (people all lined up past the first cement dam). Finally stopped at a point that is a pretty narrow point between two coves and caught one more solid 2lber.

I really want to know if those huge splashes all day were bass.

kevin
me and my brother brought out the jetski fished off the shore near the benches caught 3 dinks on a castmaster and a 2 lber near back damn on a crankbait
kinkers wrote:
Went back at 530. THERE WERE ABOUT 20 PEOPLE FISHING! I didnt expect that. All south of the boat ramp had people, so this time i headed towards the dam (people all lined up past the first cement dam). Finally stopped at a point that is a pretty narrow point between two coves and caught one more solid 2lber.

I really want to know if those huge splashes all day were bass.

kevin

More than likely carp splashing, especially if you see a yellowish-orange hue. I've been seeing than jumping all over recently. I was fishing back in a cove on Saturday and a 10lb plus jumped almost straight out of the water not 10 feet from me. Scared the $#@! out of me. lol
I am almost positive that the fish you see jumping or rolling are the carp. You may see some bass activity like this later in the year when they are chasing the bait around. The carp start mating around this time also and they tend to make a lot of noise.
Man it was a horrible day!!!...Was good to see u out theree bass.....Next time we will chat a bit more!!!!....

I was so pissed i wanted to land a fish so bad less talk and was more focused!!!.....Cant believe my dad,bro and I all BLANKED THAT DAY!!!!.... ;( ;( ;( ;(

Jr
No worrys Jim....same here.... more fishing

That was all I had that day was 1 ...my friend got the skunk as well!!
Calero will pick up soon I'm betting. In fact I'm headed out there for my first trip of the year this weekend. Does anyone recall what the aquatic vegetation is like there now?
BassH2o wrote:
Calero will pick up soon I'm betting. In fact I'm headed out there for my first trip of the year this weekend. Does anyone recall what the aquatic vegetation is like there now?

I was out there about a week ago and there is some sparse grass growing in the shallows, but nothing like the forest that will develop later in the year. The water's got to get a bit warmer for that.

Greg
Was out this last sunday!!!!....Not much vegitation yet....But Sparce weed lines are showing up....Graph is starting to pick up all the vegg growing at the bottom now.....There are sparce weeds and patches sticking out of the water now.....As of now weed lines are shore to about 6-8 ft out but not visible on water top yet!!!...

Should be starting to get real good TW time!!!!....RIBBIT!!!!...

Jr