Calero and launch policy's

So my dad and a friend of his went in partners on a Klamath 15 ft aluminum boat. They went to launch at Calero two weeks ago, a day after they bought it and were turned away due to the registration was not in there name. Paper work was done but you know DMV . So two weeks later were a Calero this morning with registration in our names and were turned away again due to get this . There a policy that you must own a boat more than thirty days before you can launch. Is this crazy or is this a known policy? I never would have thought that you could buy a boat but not be able to take it out.
Thats bull shoot , did they show you something in writing?
No the told us that's policy at all the lakes in the county..
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Boat% ... voirs.aspx

Holy crap yep thats what is in this link a 30 day hold from day of transfer thats bullcrap but its in the policy ;(
Damm fine print... Thanks bassmaster I was ready to write congress and tell Obama about this problem. Not that he or anyone of them would lift a finger.
That is total crap, you bought it and own it but cant use it becauae the county says so? Such a meaningless law. I personally never had that problem, even with our ski boat at anderson when we first bought it. We showed them the pink slip and they allowed it. Another reason why i deal with scc as little as possible.

Was it the same person? Sounds like someone is going all boyscout on you and being an ass
You know what it is? It's the damn SCVWD we gotta pressure them into making changes!

-said 1oldman
I agree , a total BS policy .
BUT , I have posted on this website many times about contacting both the SCVWD and the park ranger 's office about voicing our opinions.
Dare I ask how many of you made those phone calls ? Probably none of you .
If you don't voice your opinion and start asking the questions WHY .....
Don't complain .
As a much wiser man once told me .
your either a part of the solution , or part of the problem .... your choice.
Robb
1Old man wrote:
I agree , a total BS policy .
BUT , I have posted on this website many times about contacting both the SCVWD and the park ranger 's office about voicing our opinions.
Dare I ask how many of you made those phone calls ? Probably none of you .
If you don't voice your opinion and start asking the questions WHY .....
Don't complain .
As a much wiser man once told me .
your either a part of the solution , or part of the problem .... your choice.
Robb

+10
I poop in the ponds. That's how I voice MY opinion. LOCHNESS MONSTER!
Stalker ,thats Nasty !
This is a true policy as I have dealt with this many times. We can all complain about how f'd up our county is, or we can deal with it. If we found loop holes, people in time, will eventually be bitching about who brought the mussel in the lake.

My boat has been quarantine 3 times on my champion (time of purchase, mussel and out of state waterways) and two times in my nitro (out of state water ways and also mussel). My nitro had the muscle once and I did the right thing and got it decontaminated before entering california again. Myh champion has also been quarantined and decontaminated. Believe it or not, my quarantine just ended a week ago. This is part of rule and policies. I hate it as much as anyone else does, but you know what?....i'd hate it even more if they close down our lakes.

If your klammath was registered in SCC prior to ur purchase, bring the previous owners registration papers. That works about 50% of the time.

btw, I do have all decontamination certificates to prove my boat has been cleaned.
TheGrayElephant wrote:
This is a true policy as I have dealt with this many times. We can all complain about how f'd up our county is, or we can deal with it. If we found loop holes, people in time, will eventually be bitching about who brought the mussel in the lake.

My boat has been quarantine 3 times on my champion (time of purchase, mussel and out of state waterways) and two times in my nitro (out of state water ways and also mussel). My nitro had the muscle once and I did the right thing and got it decontaminated before entering california again. Myh champion has also been quarantined and decontaminated. Believe it or not, my quarantine just ended a week ago. This is part of rule and policies. I hate it as much as anyone else does, but you know what?....i'd hate it even more if they close down our lakes.

If your klammath was registered in SCC prior to ur purchase, bring the previous owners registration papers. That works about 50% of the time.

btw, I do have all decontamination certificates to prove my boat has been cleaned.

This makes me curious about the cost of this decontamination process? Sounds a bit pricey, or I would assume. And I do agree over all, people bitch about one thing, find ways around it, and then when it goes to crap, because the thing the policy was made to prevent happens, people start flipping out about that and pointing fingers. Though I don't own a boat, I do like to keep our waters clear of these mussels.
FishStalkerDave wrote:
TheGrayElephant wrote:

This makes me curious about the cost of this decontamination process? Sounds a bit pricey, or I would assume. And I do agree over all, people bitch about one thing, find ways around it, and then when it goes to crap, because the thing the policy was made to prevent happens, people start flipping out about that and pointing fingers. Though I don't own a boat, I do like to keep our waters clear of these mussels.

Decontamination can be as little as $35 bucks but you gotta drive 3-4 hours away. I had mine done out of state while on my way back into California. It ranges between 200-350 for a full decontamination.