campbell blue ponds

went out for 1 1/2 hours today from 5-6:30. caught around 10-15 fish, most being small. did get a surprise big one but lost it. these are the biggest ones i landed. fun stufff
yeah there are some big ones mixed in with the small ones there
which blue pond is better? the one on the left or the one on the right?
iaconelli wrote:
which blue pond is better? the one on the left or the one on the right?

I like the pond that is straight ahead when you cross the bridge. Basically the right pond. I haven't had much luck in the other two blue ponds, but there are fish in them.

In the one right pond I always manage to pull in a fun # of fish in the sunset hours. I know there are some big ones in that pond. I was there on Sat. and a really good sized fish broke the water and made quite a splash and ring, had to be a lunker. I'm going out this evening after work, drink some beers and see what I catch.
Yeah the pond on the right is good but the left is good as well. As always please practice CPR I actually want to see a good bass population in the ponds.
jcFOSHO wrote:
Yeah the pond on the right is good but the left is good as well. As always please practice CPR I actually want to see a good bass population in the ponds.

I'm right there with you man. I haven't kept a single fish I've ever caught at the Percs. I always CPR em. I've heard stories of people filling buckets with baby bass and taking them. I really don't see the point. I'd rather they all grow good and big so we can all enjoy some above average city bass fishing.
For sure. I can understand people taking bass out of reservoirs because of their stablw populations but not with small ponds. I hope to see you out there sometime.
what part did u fish? the island? what lure?
island, with texas rig weightless senko. got a lot again today, biggest one was a helluhva fight.
nice fish. sometimes u can get a school of thoose
jcFOSHO wrote:
island, with texas rig weightless senko. got a lot again today, biggest one was a helluhva fight.

jc, you were out there yesterday evening? Were you the guy I talked to on the point across from the island? I was fishing the blue pond with the island and couldn't even get any bites. I ended up only catching one when I went by the first pond at the end of the evening.
yeah i think so i have a huge orange backpack that has all my tackle, and im asian. i vaguely remember talking to someone. just ask me if im from sjb next time and well fish it up [green] ill get you onto some fishh
a good one from today
pond 1?
dang Jc, way to get out there and rip some lips bro. Im jealous, havent been out in forever... ;(
jcFOSHO wrote:
yeah i think so i have a huge orange backpack that has all my tackle, and im asian. i vaguely remember talking to someone. just ask me if im from sjb next time and well fish it up [green] ill get you onto some fishh

Yeah that must have been you then. I was there with one other buddy. I'm out there almost every thurs. evening and Sat. during the day; I'll hit you up if I see you out there.
RICK wrote:
dang Jc, way to get out there and rip some lips bro. Im jealous, havent been out in forever... ;(

dang Rick we needa head out sometime I haven't fished with you in forever ;| the blue ponds have been treating me very well lately [green] never had a skunk there
jcFOSHO wrote:

behind the island?
mike ike 23 wrote:
jcFOSHO wrote:

behind the island?

yeah but the thing is the fish are everywhere you just need the right bait.
jcFOSHO wrote:
mike ike 23 wrote:
jcFOSHO wrote:

behind the island?

yeah but the thing is the fish are everywhere you just need the right bait.

HI guys just joined the site..im new to bass fishing and have been learning..so what r the right baits our there during this time of the year?? Might head out there one day just to see hw the fishing is, and maybe it could be productive in order for me to learn.