campbell perc ponds

i hear they are going to stock trout this week. does anyone know what day?
According to the DFG website they are supposed to be stocking Cambell perc pond and Lake Cunningham as well. Don't know if they will or not cause it seems to be based on the weather at times.
They do not tell you the exact day because they don't want all the fish to be pulled out at once.....but whats the fun in that right... lol j/k.
If anybody has some insider information I'd be more then happy to to hear it! I've been feinding for a bite....its been like a week! [8|]
Tight lines!
DFG Website says 11/28
Not trying to be rude Peacheater,
but it says the week of the 28th of November. They do not give exact dates because they do not want it to be overfished the day they stock. There are a few things they consider before stocking like water temp above 43 F and below 72 F (something like that) As well as road conditions and weather.
I've been to the Perc ponds a few times on a week they were supposed to Plant. I would go on a saturday but did not get a bite. I'd call the number and the ponds were never stocked for what ever reason.
I'm thinking of maybe hitting up the Perc ponds this weeked to try my luck.
If I do, I'll post a report!
Tight Lines!
I'll be watching out for them, want to take the kids out for some easy trout fishing, Quarry has been too hit-or-miss.
cool thanks guys. im thinking its going to be late in the week.
Do those fish come off the truck hungry, or do they need to let the shock wear off for a bit?
They usually seem hungry...I know I have fished in the past having success both the day, day after, and a few days after all about the same...
Got a question fellas,
What kind of hook do you use for trout? What size and what rig has worked best for you?
I'll probably go to the ponds this weeked and was thinking of using a carolina rig with a 20" leader. I have #6 and #4 owner mosquito hooks. Would I need anything bigger or smaller for trout?
Thanks in advance guys!
Tight Lines...
your gear will probably work. in my experience, trout like small hooks. I would use the #6, sometimes a #8. you'll want to use light line, 4 or 6 lb test. if you're using powerbait on treble hooks, you'll want something like a #14 or smaller. when i used to fish the sierras, i'd go as small as #18 sometimes.

carolina rig is my preference if you're going to be using worms or powerbait. there's a specific set up similar to carolina that's for powerbait but i don't really bother. with the carolina, you'll be able to feel the bite and not show the fish too much weight. 20 is a good leader size but it all depends on where they're feeding. you might go a little longer if they're closer to the top.

you can also float your bait under a bobber and a small split shot.

also, lots of people like small (1/16-1/32) white or chartreuse tube jigs. they definitely work and are more fun than sitting around waiting for something to happen. those mepps spinnerbaits work too.

well, that's my 2 cents. i am sure some more experienced people can chime in.
Just to be sure, you guys are talking about the ponds visible from hwy 17 at camden and 85? I think it's dell ave that you park on
los gatos creek park yo. i think they're the same ones you're talking about on your right when heading south on 17/880
Lures aren't very effective out there unless you can cast them past the weedline which doesnt leave you with much retrieve time.

Most people use small trebel hooks or normal hooks to put on either Powerbait or Power Eggs and cast out as far as they can using 1/2oz to 1oz egg weights.
Here at the perc ponds right now...caught two already ....they must have come this morning place is packed
Damn! I always miss the good stuff! lol
By any chance do you know what time they close?
Thanks for the report Onlywall!
Sunset
TheOnlyWall our on scene reporter texting between hook sets!! Have fun D lol
Yeah I had two fish within 10 minutes then nothing...there is a couple of fly fisherman just killin it though...might be a good idea to fly/casting bobber
Ender wrote:
Lures aren't very effective out there unless you can cast them past the weedline which doesnt leave you with much retrieve time.

Most people use small trebel hooks or normal hooks to put on either Powerbait or Power Eggs and cast out as far as they can using 1/2oz to 1oz egg weights.

I dont know what your talking about me and Nick smashed out there one day with kastmasters, tiny spinners, roostertails, and large kastmasters caught a limit each and relased about 5+ each
yes bluegill but wasnt that when they stocked the trout in the OTHER pond?