carp fishing

i was at chesbro today nice day i see a lot of people out today with these long fishing poles?what are the fishing for i see lots of carp what works best for them i tried corn and worms with no luck lots of big carp i wanna catch one
the people with long poles are usually asian lol its like an old technique that they used a long time ago.. my dad has a long fishing pole its like 16 feet long or somehing and we make home made carp bait it works the best.. just search for home made carp recipes and youll find a good one
oh yea there was like 50 people out there i wanna catch one of those carp i could see like 7 or 8 big ol carp
Really?, those friggin' things scare the CARP out of me. There like a giant goldfish or something. Need a bow to shoot them in the spring and summer.
MAZA. The dough used to make tortillas and tomales.
Roll it into a ball like you do with powerbait. Use no or very little wieght and make sure you have a GOOD pole holder and a good drag! ;D
Quote:
 Need a bow to shoot them in the spring and summer.

You can @ LBC..... Prolly gunna try it this year!!!!!! BIG CARP in that lake....
lbc you can shoot i got a bow and always wanted to!!!
Quote:
lbc you can shoot i got a bow and always wanted to!!!

Yep just gota have a valid fishing lic!!!!!!! And its on.....Summer months ther's FATTIES UP @ THE SURFACE......

Can you say TOPWATER ACTION!!!!! ;D 8-) 8-)
haha sweet!!! i got a boat with a deck to gunna go shootem up
FYI - interesting articles in F&S about Carp being analogous to soccer in the US, as to the rest of the world it's the premier fishing target.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/article_gallery.jsp?ID=1000021371
I saw about 10 fisherpeople with long poles and beach chairs just south of the ramp. Ready with big 5 gallon improvised livewells, but nothin in them. The rest of the crappie and catfish bite was dead at Chesbro.
Quote:
FYI - interesting articles in F&S about Carp being analogous to soccer in the US, as to the rest of the world it's the premier fishing target.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/article_gallery.jsp?ID=1000021371
I saw about 10 fisherpeople with long poles and beach chairs just south of the ramp. Â Ready with big 5 gallon improvised livewells, but nothin in them. Â The rest of the crappie and catfish bite was dead at Chesbro.

I think everything is dead at Chesbro except for the carp.
there are a lot of carp spawning at chesbro rite now at the beginning and if u go for about a 10 minute walk u can see them in front of your feet they keep splashing around.. they wont bite even if you put bait in front of their nose thats what the people who fished that area said.. iono about the bass i have a feeling that they are dead.. or very scarce.. which is very sad.. this is where i caught my very first bass. :-/