Chesbro Reservoir Pictures 01/06

All,

I took a drive up to see how the storm faired on our local reservoirs and took some pictures in case anyone is interested. These pictures were taken yesterday morning before 10:00 am. Hope this works. I will have some pictures posted of Uvas and Almaden as well. Check those sites as well if interested. Water was still flowing into them pretty good early in the morning. With a few more good storms we should be back in business by soon.
more
more
more
more
more
more
more
more
last one...
Looks a lot better now than the last time I seen a picture of that place.
B 4 this last rain I deove by and saw this lake....It was almoset completely dried up....Good to see that atleast some of the fish will survive in this lake!!!
i was out there a week and half ago and it was BAD! the water was only like 100 yards out from the dam. its great we got those storms
ya but the storms make the water way to muddy especially this last one
I just hope enough Bass survived the drought to be able to re-populate the lake.
Quote:
I just hope enough Bass survived the drought to be able to re-populate the lake.

4 Sure!!!! ;) ;D ;D

I used to fish this lake alot when I was a kid,but havent lately...I drive by it like twice a week too...It was gettin bad b4 the storm...

Like you said I hope enough survived to re-populate the lake....

And by the way welcome to SJB Froggy...You will find this site and its members verry helpful in any bass endevour you have...Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have and others!!! 8-)

Jim
Quote:
Do you guy's really think that a lot of fish died? I would think if there were fish dying. That they would be floating on the top.

What do you guys think?
Quote:
Quote:
Do you guy's really think that a lot of fish died? I would think if there were fish dying. That they would be floating on the top.

What do you guys think?

You should have seen this place GB...I pass by there alot,the comerants or what ever you call those UGLY @$$ bird were pretty much living at this place 24/7 for the past 6 months...

I seen flocks of 200 STRONG swiming East to West all day long cordinating there ATTACKS....The birds were bringin  up 1-1.5lb fish plus not to mention all the bait fish they have eat'n!!!!!! Last time I was there for 3-4 hours and was fishing just watching these birds clear out and easy 150-180 lbs of fish in that amount of time...NO JOKE!!!

Im sure not many BIGGIES died cause lets face it they didnt get big for a reason they know how to fend for themselves..But its the yearlings and juvinal fish that im worried about,those guys are pretty much I would imagine wiped out there...

The re-population is gunna take a while to take its effect on this lake...There wernt many fish in there b4 now just imagine...

Just my .02!!!! But I totally hear what ur saying GB..Im no expert...LOL.. 8-)

Jim
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What do you guys think?

You should have seen this place GB...I pass by there alot,the comerants or what ever you call those UGLY @$$ bird were pretty much living at this place 24/7 for the past 6 months...

I seen flocks of 200 STRONG swiming East to West all day long cordinating there ATTACKS....The birds were bringin  up 1-1.5lb fish plus not to mention all the bait fish they have eat'n!!!!!! Last time I was there for 3-4 hours and was fishing just watching these birds clear out and easy 150-180 lbs of fish in that amount of time...NO JOKE!!!

Im sure not many BIGGIES died cause lets face it they didnt get big for a reason they know how to fend for themselves..But its the yearlings and juvinal fish that im worried about,those guys are pretty much I would imagine wiped out there...

The re-population is gunna take a while to take its effect on this lake...There wernt many fish in there b4 now just imagine...

Just my .02!!!! But I totally hear what ur saying GB..Im no expert...LOL.. 8-)

Jim
You have a point. There confined in that puddle with no cover for the juvenile fish to hide in.
Jr. got it right, with the lake so shallow it's easy pickens for those birds. >:(