Chesbro/Uvas has anyone been out there?

Last year Uvas was very productive for me..as well as Chesbro. Im just curious, has anyone has fished these two places recently. I know the water level is way up. :-?
But it was also WAY DOWN......I really think the fish POULATION isnt going to be as good this year to to the lake almost being absolutly DRAINED last year....The fish in there have way more SPACE TO ROAM NOW!!!!!!

Plus all those comerants,must have completely destroyed the small bait fish population last year!!!! I remember seeing 100-125 comerants making there rounds in both these lakes last year and let me tell you they were doing a GOOD JOB CATCHING FISH, BAIT fish more often,but did see some snatch 1lbers....

The BITE here is REALLY REALLY going to be HIT N MISS!!!!

It's gunna take a few years for the BIG BOYS to fatten up and SPAWN!!!!! To have some bait in the water......HOPEFULLY ALOT OF THE BASS SPAWN!!!!!! And servive!!!!! I also JimmyG love this lake its so close to my house!!! ;) ;) 8-)
Man I f'en HATE comerants, they look so damn cocky with their noses all up in the air. I have seen one of the SOB's eat a like a two pound trout!!

When I'm duck hunting to so tempting to shoot one of those suckers.

I had a good year last year too....heck who didn't.
Yo Jimjr, I feel ya on that one. Yeah the lake s were really down..Thank God for the rain !!!!! ;)
My buddy has been out to Uvas the last two afternoons and has been doing okay. he picked up a swimbait fish both nights.
What area is ur buddy fishing @ n Uvas? Im curious..most of my good fishin comes just past the boat parking area. Theres a lil pull off right there with some trash cans u cant miss it ...its where the cove is on the opposite side of boat ramp. I was gonna head to Anderson tomorrow but,im haven the itch for Uvas :o
Are they allowing boats back on this resv.? just wondering thanks...
Quote:

I was there about two week ago (and blanked) and the gate to the launch ramp was open.
Quote:
Quote:

I was there about two week ago (and blanked) and the gate to the launch ramp was open. Â

I dropped by Chesbro the other day as well, and those gates were open too. Keep in mind that non-motorized vessels such as sail boats, pontoons, and tubes are allowed. I think this is why they opened the gates.
electric motors are fine right?
My buddy talked to the ranger last night and you can put your boat in there but your motor has to stay up out of the water. All you can use is the trolling motor. My buddy and his son ans friend had a good day out there again, catching six and losing one around 7lbs. They have caught around 20fish out there this week going three times, and a few of those fish have been on a swimbait, sounds like the fish there are feeding, I may take the boat there tomorrow or coyote or anderson. I think coyote since I did okay there on wed.
I heard that the water was pretty muddy. Is that still the case? Uvas?
I was a crazy soul and launched the boat at uvas on sunday, what dumb ass move. The wind was crazy. I did manage a 13" keeper but left after two hours. i even had to fire the big motor to get back the wind was crazy two to three foot rollers, trolling motor on max to old in the wind.
Quote:
I was a crazy soul and launched the boat at uvas on sunday, what dumb ass move. The wind was crazy. I did manage a 13" keeper but left after two hours. i even had to fire the big motor to get back the wind was crazy two to three foot rollers, trolling motor on max to old in the wind.

Think that was bad? I was on Anderson in my aluminum boat ALL DAY sunday. Talk about brutal winds, it had to be blowing 30+ mph out there. Huge rollers, I was just a little scared. 14' aluminum boat with a 5hp motor. lol Never again.
Quote:
Quote:

Think that was bad?  I was on Anderson in my aluminum boat ALL DAY sunday.  Talk about brutal winds, it had to be blowing 30+ mph out there.  Huge rollers, I was just a little scared.  14' aluminum boat with a 5hp motor. lol  Never again. Â

Been there..
Try a 12 ft alum. with only a 10 horse motor.. 2 adults.. 2 trolling batteries... all our fishing gear with swells about 1 to 1 1/2 ft in the delta / san juaqin river...
water splashing over the sides ... we had prolly 8 inches of water atleast inside the boat.. winds were blowing for hard.. the big ass boats shooting through the area didn't help much either...

To say the least we were towed in by the Sheriffs Dept. patroling the area.. all we could do was laugh our asses off ;D the whole time to keep us from being worried. I had water filled tackle boxes, soaked clothes, and smiles from ear to ear on both of us :).

All we could do was laugh. ;D

Moral of the story ... small boat + big swells + high winds = one very wet boat ride = Sheriffs Towing your Lil Boat back to shore = Lucky ;D
Haha, yeah it get down right scary out in the wind in a little boat.
yup fun stuff, out at the fore bay in a 14 ft jon boat with 9.9 hp and a pregnant wife two years ago, met up with some biggies, trolled for stripers from the launch to the rocks, for some reason didn't notice wind picking up, hit the rocks and tried to turn the boat and waves started going over the side, got the rods in somehow and headed straight back into the wind toward the ramp waves over the front of the boat, at least 6 inches of water in the boat, no bilge pump, ended up making it back we were both soaked, woman was trippin hard, but we made it! That's when i decided i needed a bigger boat
Quote:
 That's when i decided i needed a bigger boat

Yup..
Thus I have Bought me a 17ft tracker with a 50 horse Merc.
Bring on "dem" waves , cause now I have a bilge pump.

And now have a 12 ft alum and 14ft alum for sale...
Went to Chesbro today after an unsuccessful trip at Calero. The lake looks so nice now because its almost full. When we got there me and my dad saw a group of 20-30 carp swim rite in front of us and we thought that today would be the day to fish.. well it wasnt and we didnt catch anything.. there were carp in front of us swimming but we coudlnt reach them others went to try to get them but i think the carp are spwaning so no one around us had ne luck. >:( :(