Clear Lake 3/28 and 3/29

Well had a nice trip to Clear Lake and fished Saturdat from 10am-7pm from the south end to mid lake. Temp. was 54 am-57pm degrees. Water is still a bit stained in the south end and gets clearer heading north. BRADRC51 landed 10 and I landed 6 all on hard baits. Smallest was 2.8 and the largest was 4.6. Best 5 weighed about 19+ almost 20 lbs. Today, Sunday hit the water about 11am and fished til 4pm. Temp today was 54 degrees at 3pm. I got the skunk from the back seat today, but Brad did exceptionally well. His best 5 weighed about22 lbs. His smallest was around 3 lbs. and his largest was 6.9 lbs. Nice female bass! Got his all fish on plastics today! He even put his rods away and let me cast to land something...no luck today at all. The strong winds today must have thrown me off...blowing from the north east, which was very different from what we are use to. That is my excuse! The most epic part of my weekend was receiving my first jointed swim bait as a gift from Brad! What a guy...wouldn't even let me pay for gas. Now I have a cool new bait for the beds this spring..."Hoochie Momma", an $80.00 retail custom, hand painted jointed swimbait, I beleive made by Brad's freind up in Canada! Here are some pictures of our fish and my cool new bait!
Attachment:
102_2154.JPG

Attachment:
102_2156.JPG

Attachment:
102_2157.JPG

Attachment:
102_2158.JPG

Attachment:
102_2163.JPG
Nice post looks like you guys had a great time getting in to them. Can't wait to get to clear lake and pick me up a few hogs.
oh that is sooooo SICK!!!!!
I so can't wait for later april... by the bite should be off your hook and onto mine!!!
LMAO!!!!!!
With the water temps around what you mentioned , by the end of April it will be 62 to 67 degrees... and the ladies will come out to play.. eat the senko!!!
Way to go BRO!!!
Can't wait!!
Hopefully I will have my "new Humminbird sidefinder " by then too...
Working on it...
Nice fish Brad!!!
Awesome post Raggamuffin, totally awesome post...

Marce
Thanks Marce, my pleasure. I remembered to post the pics in the photos for you! By the way, the Hoochiemomma swimbait wake bait II, is USA made! New to the Western market, Introduced to the west coast Feb. 2009. Made the top 10 pick for new swimbaits you got to have. Thought Brad said some thing about Canada...Suppose it was a different topic of discussion! Felt clarification was in order. My bad!
RIGHT ON RAGGA!!!!!

U guys need to LMK when ur next CL trip is!!!!...I have never been and wanna go soooooooooo BAD!!!!!......

If possible lmk when ur next trip is...I'll hitch up the boat and meet ya.....If u guys get a house lmk i will pitch in my fare share of whatever $$$$,food,beer,food,beer,food....Whatever just lmk!!!!!

Jr
Brad and I both have family homes up there to stay! We are 15 minutes away from each other. Just shoot up with us! Two boats are fun....
Raggamuffin Rippin wrote:
Brad and I both have family homes up there to stay! We are 15 minutes away from each other. Just shoot up with us! Two boats are fun....

LMK when u plan the next trip!!!!...Im down!!!!...Just need an advance notice to let the boss know and request it off....Or if I have to CALL IN SICK....Cough cough!!!!!

Jr
April 21, 22 and 23 Lip_ripper and I are going up. So if you are down for those dates let us know! You are fishing with Mike tomorrow! Chat him up!
Nice read and nice pics Raggamuffin. Is that Wolverine fishing with you? :D
Looks like fun! Buncha good fish.

That taterhog swimbait is pretty cool . His other baits are pretty bad ass as well, but way too expensive for me. lol
Funny you say that...Brad does kind of look like Wolverine in the pics, lol.
stealth bassin wrote:
Nice read and nice pics Raggamuffin. Is that Wolverine fishing with you? :D