Clearlake 3/10

First time fishing this year...got out on the water with a friend. Day started off at Clearlake Bait and Tackle, where I renewed my resident muscle inspection and got my new hull stickers for the year. Purchesed 3 new baits and 4 boxes of seaguar for my reels. Sitting around till 9 am with dad and Jan drinking coffee and spooling up my reels. Took the Basscat to Mike's Marine down the street at 930. Wanted to give the Mercury her yearly maintenence and inspection. 1230 and Mike calls to let me know the boat is ready so i can go fish. Let's me know the boats in great shape...all but 2 reeds a bit worn ;( . Dreaded details of inspection. Need to spend a little more $oon...I pay the bill and launched around the corner at Redbud. Called my friend to meet me at the dock and off we went. Boat ran great...sounds better too. Not to mention we got 5 bites, 3 fish in the boat for 15 1/2+ pounds within 3 hours, not far from the launch ramp.
Nice, yeah that place is on fire right now! I wish it was closer so I could go more often!

-Mike
I can't wait to get up there!
How's it going Ragga miss hanging around with you.... guess I will have to kidnap Jr. and make a run to clearlake ...his boat is still down but i would be will to pay for gas and launching your boat and lunch what you say to that ... :)
Jim Sr wrote:
How's it going Ragga miss hanging around with you.... guess I will have to kidnap Jr. and make a run to clearlake ...his boat is still down but i would be will to pay for gas and launching your boat and lunch what you say to that ... :)

I say ...Hey how's it going SR.? Been way too long! Talk it over with JR. (and his wife) and make a date. The sooner the better for me...only cost is fuel, launch is free.

Attachment:
2012-03-10_15-46-18_326.jpg

Attachment:
2012-03-10_16-09-18_333.jpg
Thanks Ragga I will tell him... by the way nice perch J/K :D
sweet catch!
tap_tap_boom wrote:
Nice, yeah that place is on fire right now! I wish it was closer so I could go more often!

-Mike

2 More months and I there... unless I can get up there before hand!! HEHEHE .. we will see
Well hurry and let me know SR. Let's get the ball rollin....have dates to fill on the schedule. Yes, our perch were a tad bit larger than the gobbies you catch. You can show me how it's done next trip! Hurry so you can beat rippin lips and brad for a spot. Feelin real good about the bite soon come. Just have to finish my tow vehicle and I'll never be found...