CLEARLAKE ABA TOURNY 3/7 NIGHTMARE!!

WHAT A DAY OF FISHING!!! STARTED OUT WITH A QUICK SMALL LIMIT THEN CAME SOME BIG ONES 6.98 ON A CRANKBAIT. WE CULLED ALL OF ARE SMALLER FISH FOR A TOTAL OF AROUND 20.2#. HERE COMES THE BAD NEWS WITH 20 MIN LEFT IN THE TOURNY I ASKED WILL TO LOOK AT OUR FISH AND SEE HOW THEY WERE DOIN. WELL THERE WAS ONLY FOUR FISH IN THE LIVE WELL. THINKIN THIS WHOLE TIME WE HAD FIVE. WE WERE PISSED!!!!! A FEW F BOMBS CAME AND THE PEOPLE AT THE DOCK LOOKED AT ME ALL CRAZY. WE CAUGHTY OVER 15 FISH AND WERE LETTING GO 3#S THINKING THE SMALLEST FISH IN OUR BAG WAS 3.8. SO IN THE LAST TWENTY MIN WE COULDNT GET THE FIFTH FISH IN AND HAD TO ONLY WEIGH IN FOUR. A FISHERMANS NIGHT MARE WENT FROM A GOOD HIGH TO THE ULTIMATE LOW. SO WE GET TO THE WEIGH IN AND FOUND OUT THAT WE WOULD OF HAD 4TH PLACE. ONLY THREE SCKS IN THE 20# RANGE WE WOULD OF BEEN THE FOURTH,HEARTBREAKER. DONT KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED. }:( }:( . I GUESS I NEED TO GO BACK TO ELEMENTRY!!!!!WELL THE GOOD NEWS IS I DID CATCH THE BIG FISH OF THE TOURNEY FOR A TOTAL OF $1,040. AND A COOL PLAQUE.................. NEVER DO THAT AGAIN STILL IN PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th place is better than no place :D

You wont make the same mistake again.
BRADRC51 wrote:
WHAT A DAY OF FISHING!!! STARTED OUT WITH A QUICK SMALL LIMIT THEN CAME SOME BIG ONES 6.98 ON A CRANKBAIT. WE CULLED ALL OF ARE SMALLER FISH FOR A TOTAL OF AROUND 20.2#. HERE COMES THE BAD NEWS WITH 20 MIN LEFT IN THE TOURNY I ASKED WILL TO LOOK AT OUR FISH AND SEE HOW THEY WERE DOIN. WELL THERE WAS ONLY FOUR FISH IN THE LIVE WELL. THINKIN THIS WHOLE TIME WE HAD FIVE. WE WERE PISSED!!!!! A FEW F BOMBS CAME AND THE PEOPLE AT THE DOCK LOOKED AT ME ALL CRAZY. WE CAUGHTY OVER 15 FISH AND WERE LETTING GO 3#S THINKING THE SMALLEST FISH IN OUR BAG WAS 3.8. SO IN THE LAST TWENTY MIN WE COULDNT GET THE FIFTH FISH IN AND HAD TO ONLY WEIGH IN FOUR. A FISHERMANS NIGHT MARE WENT FROM A GOOD HIGH TO THE ULTIMATE LOW. SO WE GET TO THE WEIGH IN AND FOUND OUT THAT WE WOULD OF HAD 4TH PLACE. ONLY THREE SCKS IN THE 20# RANGE WE WOULD OF BEEN THE FOURTH,HEARTBREAKER. DONT KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED. }:( }:( . I GUESS I NEED TO GO BACK TO ELEMENTRY!!!!!WELL THE GOOD NEWS IS I DID CATCH THE BIG FISH OF THE TOURNEY FOR A TOTAL OF $1,040. AND A COOL PLAQUE.................. NEVER DO THAT AGAIN STILL IN PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm thinking ur name is BRad and ur Ronnie's friend? if you are we left you a voicemail!
yup thats me how do you know ron?
BRADRC51 wrote:
yup thats me how do you know ron?

lol met him on the lake one day while biking and started bothering him how the td luna was better than the shimano calcutta lol lol
I can't believe that happened to you guys. (8-| Glad you still got the biggest fish. Good Job!
YUP I STILL CANT EITHER. I BLAME WILL HES IN THE BACK HIS JOB LOL. I GUESS THERE WAS NO [0-] ON. IT WAS A BITTER SWEET ENDING AFTER WE GOT BIG FISH MONEY.
would that 3lber have put you in the money???
damn....
Can't wait for next month when Ryan and I get up there...
The spawn should be in FULL swing by then...

What was the water temps this weekend??? mid to low 50's?
YEAH IT WOULD OF PUT US AROUND 20+AND IN 4TH PLACE. WE HAD 17 # FOR 4 FISH. THEY ALSO PUT THE WRONG WEIGHTS ON THE ABA WEBSITE CAUSE MY BIG FISH 6.98 AND THEY PUT 6.17. OH WELL. YEAH U GUYS SHOULD HAVE A BLAST IN APRIL. I LL PROBABLY BE UP THERE TO. RYAN KNOWS THE LAKE PRETTY WELL. GOOD LUCK
AT THE WEIGH IN AND REWARD CEREMONY THEY ONLY HAD 3 SACKS IN THE 20# RANGE AND IF YOU GO TO THE WEBSITE IT SHOWS 5 OR 6 IN THE 20# RANGE WEIRD.