Cold Fronts

It's been a while since I last posted, but I figured now's a good time to get back on the forums. Anyways, I have a question about cold fronts and fishing. In your experience, how soon after a cold front is it "safe" to fish, or how soon after a cold front would you fish?

Tight Lines...
Don't be afraid to fish cold fronts especially now that the water temps are in the mid 50's. You may need to slow your presentation a bit but personally have had some awesome days fishing cold fronts in the rain. As the old saying goes it beats working. Get out there and get you some! lol
fishsk wrote:
It's been a while since I last posted, but I figured now's a good time to get back on the forums. Anyways, I have a question about cold fronts and fishing. In your experience, how soon after a cold front is it "safe" to fish, or how soon after a cold front would you fish?

Tight Lines...

The front that's going through now is not that big of a rain maker but the temperature difference from last week is a huge difference. I would still be fishing during the front since that warm weather brought fish up in the prespawn and spawn stages. The bite was off the hook at a lot of places last week and yesterday it sucked cuz the weather changed and I think I was fishing to fast. So definitely slow down for cold fronts and use scents on your baits.
If it's a cold front during a big rain storm that causes a resevoir level to rise quickly and the water turns to cold chocolate milk then I say good luck. I hate that scenario of fishing in cold chocolate milk with logs n other junk all around. If that happens then I wait about a week or so of clear weather to fish again. There is a good article around here about winter fishing in dirty water.
Hopefully others chime in on this and add their 2 cents.
I personally dont care.. as long as the winds are howling... Im fishing..
TRUE THAT, I FISH REGARDLESS OF WEATHER. I JUST KEEP TRYING DIFFERNT TACTICS LOOKING FOR THE KEY PRESENTATION ON ANY GIVEN DAY ON THE WATER. THE BITE DOES SEEM TO TURN ON SOMETIMES WHEN A FRONT IS ABOUT TO HIT OR ALREADY HAS. DONT BE DISCOURAGED BY THE WEATHER, COLD WEATHER DOES MAKE IT HARDER TO CATCH FISH SOMETIMES BUT WHEN U KEY IN ON WHAT THEY WANT. U JUST LEARNED SOMETHING NEW AND JUST BECAME A SMARTER AND BETTER FISHERMAN.