Coleman Perc Ponds: IS fishing legal?

While scouting the ponds on Coleman, both sets on either side of Meridian, I was told by a local fisherman to be careful because he was told to leave and not fish the ponds last year by a park ranger. Is that true??? I fished there in throughout the 70's, 80's and 90's without any issues. Please advise and thanks in advance! I need to fish since I'm in a great mood after the Niners embarrassed the packers last night!
I dont think anybody will stop you. People fish there all the time.
I've had rangers stop and chat and check my license. No issue unless you are fishing on the wrong side of the fence. I've seen rangers 'eject' people for doing that.
muymal wrote:
I've had rangers stop and chat and check my license. No issue unless you are fishing on the wrong side of the fence. I've seen rangers 'eject' people for doing that.

Yep, as long as you are on the right side of the fence you are ok. I fish there all the time, even once while a ranger was fixing the no trespassing signs for about a half hour. He passed by me twice also that same day. Stay on the side closer to Coleman and you will be fine.
Thanks everyone! I was out there with a money minnow swim bait and got a huge strike but lost her! Just slow rolling it at the pond with the island. I used to catch fish in the 7-8 pound range back in the 80's. Tight lines!
So where exactly does one park to fish here? I always drive pass here when going to Almaden Lake but never really saw any parking areas for the Perc ponds besides the ones in the apartment complex.

Do you just park in the apartment area and walk over? I've tried turning right onto Coleman and parked on the side but it's fenced off. Is that the side you're not supposed to fish from?
I park off meridian and coleman, if your making a right off coleman onto meridian it would be the first street on your left. Theres a house there with just fencing along the street, enough room for about 5 cars. I try not to park directly in front of someones house. Hope this helps

Hybrid PM me when your free, maybe we can meet up and fish.
hybrid90 wrote:

Do you just park in the apartment area and walk over? I've tried turning right onto Coleman and parked on the side but it's fenced off. Is that the side you're not supposed to fish from?

I used to park in the back of that complex, I definitely wouldnt now. Had to walk passed a group of people up to no good getting back to my car. If you know what I mean. Also you wouldnt want your car broken into just to fish.
clutch3184 wrote:

I used to park in the back of that complex, I definitely wouldnt now. Had to walk passed a group of people up to no good getting back to my car. If you know what I mean. Also you wouldnt want your car broken into just to fish.

That whole area is just shady, so always be careful with the stuff you leave visible in your car. I've seen kids smoking meth at those ponds on 2 separate occasions so just be cautious when fishing there.
I knew that area looks kinda shady when I drove around it looking for parking spaces. Think I'm going to pass since I had my windows smashed in twice (Lexington and Quarry Lakes) while fishing just so the thief can take some change in my middle console and also my fishing flannel. That's BS!

Clutch3187 - Would love to have company fishing but I always go on a whim or when I have an hour or so to waste before picking the wife up from work. It's different everyday depending when I leave work. Thanks for the offer though! [green]

Don't be shy to say "HI" if you see a short Asian guy with a black backpack and an extra rod sticking out from it. That would be me [red] I fish mostly at Almaden Lake or Campbell Perc Ponds.
If i fish there most the time i get dropped off, if not i park at Almaden Lake and make the walk over. But yes apartments are very shady.