Coyote 12/04

Hey all
Stopped at Coyote on the way home from work yesterday, water was chocolate with lots of debris floating on the surface. Tried spinner bait & rattln' cranks but got nothing.
I thought Coyote Creek and any lake connected to the creek is closed for fishing or am I wrong?
The lakes open to bank fishing as far as I know, The ranger I saw didn't seem concerned that I was fishing.
Correct, just closed to boating but definitely not to fishing. I was out last week with frede,ac and the north end 5moh bouyes (sp)? Were beached. Now the water is a couple hundred yards past it, with the runoff its probably up 12-15 vertical feet. I was out there Monday morning and the debris was a thick blanket moving with the wind from the north end towards the south end, there was a visible line where it met the cleaner water, pretty crazzy. Only there for a couple hours throwing spinners, cranks, and ratltraps. Didn't land anything but got a very good size bite on a pearl white crankbait and saw a big bass fly out of the water 5 feet from us just off shore.
The creek is closed below Anderson. Steelhead can't get passed the Anderson dam, which is why the creek closes.
D_Bones166 wrote:
The creek is closed below Anderson. Steelhead can't get passed the Anderson dam, which is why the creek closes.

So that means the Morgan Hill Percs are closed as well or only the "creek" part?
Oh wow, thats some chocolatey looking water. You should bust the delta cherry on your new boat and go chase some stripers!

Might be heading up there this weekend.

hybrid90 wrote:
So that means the Morgan Hill Percs are closed as well or only the "creek" part?

I believe those Morgan Hill ponds you're referring to is considered part of the creek so the same closures will apply. However, I may be thinking about a different place than you are. I'm thinking of the ponds off Olgier.
the ogier ponds would be closed, they are actually part of the creek, the steelhead must swim through the ponds on their migration
http://dfg.ca.gov/regulations/FreshFish ... -art3.html

this link has all the fishing regulations for anything with special regs in alphabetical order
IBangBangU wrote:
Oh wow, thats some chocolatey looking water. You should bust the delta cherry on your new boat and go chase some stripers!

Might be heading up there this weekend.

hybrid90 wrote:

I believe those Morgan Hill ponds you're referring to is considered part of the creek so the same closures will apply. However, I may be thinking about a different place than you are. I'm thinking of the ponds off Olgier.

Yup.. same ponds we are talking about. There was a review about those ponds and the OP called it the Morgan Hill Percs so that's why I called it that.

Fishinduramax - thanks for the link. Guess I'll be heading out to Almaden Lake again.. probably run into you.. like always 8-)
yea that link is usefull specially if doing any steelhead or trout fishing. Yea man, was there yesterday but only made a few casts, water was super stained. They did drop the lake level about 18in though and u could tell the water had gotten higher during that last storm with debris further up the bank, hope they keep dropping it.
based on the SCVWD website ,
Coyote has risen 5 vertical feet on the lake since 11/26 , and Anderson hasn't risen at all.
Lexington has gone up 11 feet , and Calero about 1.5 feet.
Love that "dirty " water .
tight lines ,
Robb