coyote 2-23

Went to coyote for 3hrs from 8-11am.Only caught one fish on a lucky craft jerkbait while dead sticking it. Fish was fat and healthy. Seen some fish surface for bait fish which meant there was sign of activity. Caught fish around 10:30.
great fish man looks really healthy! ;)
COOL DUDE!!!!
Nice Catch. Congrats!!!!

How was the weather out there? I'm assuming it was very windy, right?

Happy Fishing!

BassinRob!!!
Nice fish DMUN.
There was on and off showers for a little bit the fish wiegh about 2.5lbs
were you fishing from a boat or from the bank? If you were from a boat what depth were you fishing over?
thanks
Gene
Well Gene, I was on a boat near a point in about 9-12ft of water and my bait was floating on the surface and then the fish hit my bait as soon as I twitched it.
Nice fish dmun.....Bout time you got out there and showed them how its dun.....Dmun style....lol....

Good CATCH!!!!!
so you caught it in more shallow water.
I was fishing across the launch ramp a little to the right on a small point with a grassy and rocky shore.Were about 20ft offshore.
do you know the water temp/clarity?
Very muddy maybe 2ft visibility and temperature was maybe low 50s.
haha gene... ;D
thats cool nice fish
6.6 was caught there tonight at around 530
Couple questions for you guys that have fished Coyote lately. The ramp is still open right? Also, has it been crowded lately? I want to fish this weekend but I will just bank it if the launch ramp has been a zoo, or go someplace else. How has it been out there?
I went out on tuesday morning before work and I was the only one there until 8am. Then like three or four more boats showed up, I was off the water at 9 since I had to go to work. My buddy has been bank fishing at night and from what he says there has not been that much boat activity out there. The water is still muddy but some place it is just stained, typicall coyote. My buddy also talked to the ranger last night and the ranger said that they have to come up with a plan ASAP or the lake will be shut down to all vessels because of the mussels, so if you want to take your boat out there this year you better get out there ASAP. I'll be out there on sunday most likely in the afternoon.
Quote:
I went out on tuesday morning before work and I was the only one there until 8am. Then like three or four more boats showed up, I was off the water at 9 since I had to go to work. My buddy has been bank fishing at night and from what he says there has not been that much boat activity out there. The water is still muddy but some place it is just stained, typicall coyote. My buddy also talked to the ranger last night and the ranger said that they have to come up with a plan ASAP or the lake will be shut down to all vessels because of the mussels, so if you want to take your boat out there this year you better get out there ASAP. I'll be out there on sunday most likely in the afternoon.

Their thinking of closing coyote toooooooo..........$h!t man WTF if this is the case...........And I hate to say this, and I really hate to say this......but I don't think they can stop this mussel thing.......Thing's change in this world and sometime's we have to go with the flow..........I THINK BEHIND THIS IS A MONEY THING SURE THESE MUSSEL ARE NOT GOOD ...........BUT HONESTLY I THINK YOU COULD TAKE ALL THE BOAT'S OFF THE WATER AND THIS IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN........I THINK THIS IS NOT GOOD NEW'S FOR ALL WATERCRAFT'S....WATCH THIS MUSSEL WILL SHOW UP NO MATTER WHAT THEY TRY TO DO.........JUST MY 2 CENT'S.......I'AM p!$$0fF..........I see the closing of all our county's lake's coming.....and I think there is greed envoled somewhere here.......Hunting and Fishing has been around forever this is a mutimillion $$$$$$$ bussiness closing lake's and banning lead for hunting etc. this economy is hurtin aready watch what happen's when they close lake's and other recreation's ...JUST VENTING......... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
I agree completely eric and i had this conversation for an hour last night it is bull sh!t